Quality Control Technician** Full time with Health Benefits
OPERATIONS – Quality Control/Quality Assurance
Socati is a leading processor of broad-spectrum hemp extracts. The headquarters is located in the heart of downtown Austin, Texas. Socati’s innovation and production facility is located in Missoula, Montana, and the agronomy center is located in Woodburn, Oregon. In response to market demands, our innovation center is undergoing a 10x scale up. The company provides a top-quality and consistent product for a market projected to reach $22 billion by 2022. Leveraging investments in new technologies, Socati engages in large-scale manufacturing and has logistics in place to process increasing amounts of hemp biomass to meet customer demand. Socati has been well capitalized with over $40 million in investment capital since 2018. The board consists of top executives, well respected in various industries from leading healthcare, tech and consumer packaged goods companies (CPG). With the ability to manufacture broad-spectrum hemp extracts at scale, Socati is built to serve the needs of large, international CPG companies that are seeking high-quality raw materials.
The Quality Control Technician provides ongoing feedback to the Production Team to ensure that adequate data is being collected during the transition process, as well as accurate data is being provided for effective process control during commercial production. Assists in regulatory compliance, vendor compliance, and food safety for the facility
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support implementation and documentation of GMP and other quality system initiatives at Socati.
- Ensure paperwork and reports associated with projects or products are accurately completed.
- Handle samples to submit for analyses according to SOPs.
- Maintain thorough inventories of samples and retains.
- Maintain records of all quality activities as documented in SOPs and test methods.
- Conduct audits, review and analyze data and documentation.
- Audit and maintain record keeping of CCP compliance.
- Identify and record nonconformities.
- Maintain food safety awareness at all times.
- Prepare reagents and solutions needed in the lab or production spaces.
- Follow detailed, technical procedures and maintain appropriate paperwork associated with tasks.
- Maintain and calibrate equipment.
- Report deficiencies or malfunction to the supervisor.
- Assist in correction of nonconformities and potential nonconformities.
- Improve laboratory and/or quality activities on a continuous basis.
- Effectively communicate with relevant persons to complete projects using clear, concise language either verbally or written.
- Prepare cost reports on scientific instrumentation or materials needed for any given project.
- Adhere to deadlines for project reports, and product sales.
- Remain cognizant of all potential hazards when processing product, conducting experiments, or building new equipment and be prepared to react quickly and safely.
- Effectively communicate with relevant persons to complete projects.
- Maintain appropriate paperwork associated with tasks.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- Work as part of a team or independently on all job duties.
- Complete tasks with a pleasant attitude.
- Complete other tasks as directed and assigned.
- Timely and accurate reporting of time-keeping records.
- Audit and reporting of cleaning logs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Food Science, or related field or a combination of relevant education and experience.
- Understanding of applicable food regulations and food safety.
- Solid understanding of sterile technique.
- Ability to work with multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- A willingness to get your hands dirty.
- Willingness to work off-hours and tasks unrelated to primary responsibilities when necessary.
- Typical shifts are Monday-Friday days, with evening/weekend work as needed.
- May be required to work in cold, hot, wet, dusty, or humid environments.
- May be exposed to odors or noise.
- May be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as goggles, gloves, or lab coats, as necessary.
- May be required to work in potentially hazardous conditions.
- The position is not physically demanding.
- Constant- speaking and hearing
- Frequent- repetitive hand motions such as typing or data entry
- Occasional - standing, walking, sitting, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling, and eye/hand coordination
- May be required to lift up to 50 lb with assistance.
Benefits of working for Socati
Socati offers a competitive base salary and opportunity for career advancement based on performance
Full medical PPO insurance plan that is 100% paid for by Socati
A supportive culture that encourages health and personal improvement
At Socati Corp we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Socati and its affiliates believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.