CBD Materials Buyer
SALES & MARKETING – Sales
Socati is a leading processor of broad-spectrum hemp extracts. The headquarters is located in the heart of downtown Austin, Texas. Socati’s innovation and production facility is located in Missoula, Montana, and the agronomy center is located in Woodburn, Oregon. In response to market demands, our innovation center is undergoing a 10x scale up. The company provides a top-quality and consistent product for a market projected to reach $22 billion by 2022. Leveraging investments in new technologies, Socati engages in large-scale manufacturing and has logistics in place to process increasing amounts of hemp biomass to meet customer demand. Socati has been well capitalized with over $40 million in investment capital since 2018. The board consists of top executives, well respected in various industries from leading healthcare, tech and consumer packaged goods companies (CPG). With the ability to manufacture broad-spectrum hemp extracts at scale, Socati is built to serve the needs of large, international CPG companies that are seeking high-quality raw materials.
Socati is currently building an infrastructure to support national product expansion and is looking to hire a full-time CBD Materials Buyer. This position will require your home base be in Missoula, Montana. This candidate will be an analytical, strategic, and mission-driven individual. In this role, the CBD Materials Buyer will oversee the purchasing of materials necessary for the production of Socati’s industry leading products. You will be responsible for leading and driving strategic planning and deployment of technology, systems, and processes that will support current inventory and future growth. The ideal candidate has experience in procurement, purchasing, sourcing and/or supply chain at a consumer products company and possesses an understanding of how to build systems and procedures from the ground up that will drive both operational and cost efficiencies.
The CBD Material Buyer's responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Manage forecasting, procurement, quality, and production for the company
· Oversee the day-to-day material intake process to ensure incoming product is properly documented and tracked
· Conduct in-field cultivation visits to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
· Provide guidance to cultivators regarding quality issues for troubleshooting purposes
· Collaborate with sales team to source new materials for our industry leading products
· Stay current on evolving consumer buying trends, and industry regulations to ensure business compliance
· Negotiate and contract with key vendors that provide on-time, quality and cost-effective products
· Maintain multiple cross-functional relationships to understand the operational needs of the various departments and ensure they have the tools required to effectively do their job
· Find ways to reduce overall spend through efficient buying Source logistics vendors for all products
· Track costs and schedules and be able to report details to executive team
· Analyze spend data and develop and execute category sourcing strategies
· Identify improvements, and roll out necessary optimizations
· Tenacious problem solving and issue resolution skills
· Superb communication and presentation skills
· Communicate issues with work flow and process in a timely manner to team
· Possess the necessary inter-personal skills needed to work in a dynamic environment
· Ability to make independent purchasing decisions when required
· Duties as assigned and/or necessary due to the dynamic nature of the company and our industry
· Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
· Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
· Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
· Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5+ years of experience in procurement or purchasing in the CBD/Hemp industry
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
· Possess a professional demeanor
· Applicable life sciences degree (Agriculture, botany, horticulture, etc.)
· Existing relationships with cultivators a plus but not required
Benefits of working for Socati
Socati offers a competitive base salary and opportunity for career advancement based on performance
Full medical PPO insurance plan that is 100% paid for by Socati
A supportive culture that encourages health and personal improvement
At Socati Corp we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Socati and its affiliates believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.