VP of Engineering
Remote - US
Product & Engineering
SocialChorus is a platform for communicators. We help them become heroes within their organizations by giving them the tools and expertise they need to unify their enterprises. Companies thrive and win when all of their workers feel aligned, informed, and supported.
Joining SocialChorus means joining a movement where every worker matters. This movement has taken root and is evident in our 100+ customers and hundreds of thousands of their employees worldwide and the movement has only just begun. Now we need your help to achieve our goal of connecting every worker. Ready to make a difference?
We are seeking a strong, expansive VP of Engineering to help scale and grow our Engineering org. As the VP of Engineering and reporting to the CEO, you will set the strategy, goals, and objectives for all of SocialChorus’ Engineering efforts in order to achieve aggressive product, business, and financial growth objectives. You are a professional who approaches work with a game-changing attitude and a desire to make a true impact on the organization via all things Engineering. You possess a strong understanding of enterprise environment and mindset, are dedicated to building great products and customer experiences, and have experience building and operating an enterprise SaaS product serving some of the largest global customers.
We are a distributed team. Yes, we have offices in several cities but we build solutions for distributed workforces so we model our own workforce the same way. In this role you really can work where you want.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Lead an Engineering org with a strong foundation of enthusiastic, skilled Engineers and Managers; direct our Engineering, data center operations, and product delivery efforts.
- Shape a product that is already market-leading, visionary, and serving millions of users across the largest, most diverse global enterprises.
- Define strategy and direction, and manage the execution for all things Engineering including our product engineering and processes, cloud deployment strategies, and product operations.
- Leverage your experience and leadership to transform existing functions to drive consistency and efficiency through your strategies and management.
- Balance a high-quality, high output engineering mindset with the demands of a high growth enterprise SaaS business.
- Share the vision to build valuable, useful product above cool technology.
We're excited about you because...
- You have have done this before, delivering a SaaS product to large global enterprises.
- You have made and overcome mistakes, and have turned them into learnings, discipline, and success.
- You have a minimum of 15+ years of progressive Engineering management and experience with notable enterprise software companies; must have been at least a VP of Engineering of a company where you have had success in consistently delivering product and in turn business growth in a SaaS Engineering environment.
- You have 10 years of leadership and management experience with the ability to motivate and provide professional development
- You have thorough knowledge of Engineering principles / practices, automated testing, global data center deployments, security and privacy, and product management.
- You are, above all, a leader, teammate, and colleague who is passionate about joining us on this journey.
You've managed Engineering budgets in growing startups:
- You have a deep appreciation for efficiency and the ability to take a pragmatic approach to product development and reliable delivery.
- You build and manage distributed teams that are accountable, reliable, and performance-oriented.
- You’re creative with resources and a strategic thinker.
- You are adept at balancing short-term product priorities with product vision and objectives.
You are an experienced leader, adept at hiring, growing, and managing a team:
- You know how to hire and recruit high-caliber Engineers and Managers.
- You are known for exceptional team leadership and empowering the development of your people.
- You have a realistic picture of your team’s capabilities and are able to make tough calls to know when people are not working out.
- You understand team structure & have logical rationale around structure choices (driven in resource allocation).
You are a model of cross-functional partnership:
- You inspire, motivate, and activate team members and cross-functional partners.
- You have demonstrated abilities to break down roadblocks and resolve obstacles, resulting in better partnership.
- Are resilient in the face of challenges and seek to maintain partnership and alignment even when the going gets tough.
You are deeply connected with the happenings of product development and operations:
- You understand and internalize product and company growth drivers.
- You leverage metrics and data to drive your engineering decision making.
- You have a variety of experiences and have a sense of what works best / worst & why.
- You’re familiar with your company’s reporting processes and have previous responsibility for sharing-out business results.
You have phenomenal communication and leadership skills:
- Your communication binds teams and orgs together.
- You demonstrate grace under pressure.
- You are inspirational and fun.
- You’re an excellent listener--you make people feel understood.
- You are capable of flexing to different audiences.
- You demonstrate superior cross-functional communication.
Why SocialChorus? Because you care. About people, the work you do, and the connections you make. Work is such a large part of life, it only makes sense to make it awesome.
If you want to engage brilliant minds in a true start-up environment where ideas are rewarded regardless of who they come from, join us. This is a rapidly changing space so if you thrive on ambiguity, are hungry for a challenge, and have the guts to speak your mind it could be a perfect fit.
Come for the challenges, come for the people, and the unlimited PTO, health benefits, 401k plan, casual and friendly environment, and a leadership team who truly believes in your growth both professionally and personally will keep you here.