Director - Engineering
Remote - US /
Product & Engineering /
SocialChorus is a platform for communicators. We help them become heroes within their organization by giving them the tools and expertise they need to unify their enterprises. Companies thrive and win when all of their workers feel aligned, informed and supported. In simple terms, we help companies work as one.
Joining SocialChorus means joining a movement to connect every worker. This movement has taken root and is evident in our world-class customer base and their millions of employees worldwide. Now we need your help. Ready to make a difference in the world?
About the Role
As a Director of Engineering, reporting to the VP of Engineering, you will help scale and grow our engineering team. You will drive the strategy, goals and objectives for SocialChorus’ engineering efforts in order to achieve aggressive product, business, and financial growth. You are a professional who approaches work with a game-changing attitude and a desire to make a true impact on the organization via all things engineering.
Our customer base is growing dramatically and you will be in the trenches with SocialChorus customers, gaining a deep understanding of their motivations, intentions and behaviors -- allowing you to deliver an unparalleled end-to-end experience. You think quickly, but act methodically, very good at balancing the product requirements and business demands, with technical and resource constraints, to arrive at a practical outcome.
- Drive the strategy, direction and manage the execution in engineering including product engineering and processes, cloud deployment strategies, and product operations.
- Execute a high-quality, high-output engineering mindset with the demands of a high-growth enterprise SaaS business.
- Leverage experience and leadership to transform existing functions to drive consistency and efficiency.
- A strategic thinker who can adept at balancing short-term product priorities with product vision and objectives.
- Manage a distributed team, mentor, empower and develop future leaders.
- 10+ years of progressive engineering experience with enterprise software companies and 5+ years of leadership and management experience.
- Strong understanding of the enterprise environment and mindset, and have experience building and operating an enterprise SaaS product, serving some of the world’s largest multinational companies.
- Thorough knowledge of engineering principles / practices, automated testing, global data center deployments, security and privacy.
- Professional experience building and managing distributed teams that are accountable, reliable and performance-driven.
- Experience in a fast-paced agile engineering environment.
- Experience leveraging metrics and data to drive engineering decision-making.
- Strong communication skills, cross-functional collaboration and excellent stakeholder partnerships.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
Because you care. About people, the work you do, and the connections you make. Work is such a large part of life, it only makes sense to make it awesome.
If you want to engage brilliant minds in a true start-up environment where ideas are rewarded regardless of who they come from, join us. This is a rapidly changing space so if you thrive on ambiguity, are hungry for a challenge, and have the guts to speak your mind it could be a perfect fit.
Come for the challenges, come for engaging people in a casual and friendly environment. Come for the unlimited PTO, the health benefits, the 401k plan, the annual retreats (including family), the twice-a-year hackathons, the 10% exploratory time, the ability to contribute to open source, and the potential to work from anywhere.
Whatever the reason you come to SocialChorus, your new co-workers along with a leadership team who truly believes in your growth both professionally and personally will keep you here.
SocialChorus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.. SocialChorus also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for SocialChorus in the US