Senior Software Engineer
A best friend's wedding, a 10th anniversary party, BlizzCon, AWS re:Invent, The Grammys, a first concert, the opening of a new museum - we all have a favorite event.
Events and meetings make an impact that lasts a lifetime. And, as more and more of our lives are spent online, this time offline is truly rare. So, at Social Tables, now a Cvent company, our goal is to make it easy to bring great people together, face-to-face.
With more than 4.5 million successful events brought to life using our award-winning event management platform, we'd say we're well on our way. As we look to the future, we're focused on continuing to innovate and create the best technology to bring joy through the power of in-person connection. And that's where you come in!
If you want a job where there’s more enthusiasm than there is red tape, where ideas are sought after and celebrated, and where hard work changes the course of human history, then Social Tables may be the place for you!
- A seasoned engineer who enjoys sharing your experience with the team.
- Strong with ES6
- Passionate about writing code that is scalable, maintainable, reusable, and well-tested
- Interested in building reliable, fault-tolerant, production grade systems
- Feel comfortable debugging large applications and refactoring them to well-tested components and services
- Have experience designing, implementing, and maintaining APIs as a service for your team and customers
- Enjoy optimizing complex data models for understandability and performance
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or closely related field or a foreign equivalent
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE
- We use Node.js on the server.
- We prefer Restify for APIs, GraphQL for web apps.
- We use LaunchDarkly for feature flagging.
- We use React on the browser, and when we need more complex state management on the browser, we use Redux.
- We use Three.js/WebGL for our 3D visualizations.
- We build our browser assets with Webpack.
- We use MySQL for our database storage.
- We use AWS for our infrastructure, deploying services with ECS and Lambda.
- We develop on our local machines, not in the cloud.
Our benefits set you up to do your best work, how you like to do it. We offer competitive salary packages, an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, annual bonuses, 401K Match, in office gym, and other great perks! And, we're committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply.
Social Tables and Cvent maintain a drug-free workplace