At Social Tables, we envision a world where face-to-face events achieve great things!
Our Apprenticeship program is geared towards taking new developers without on the job work experience and giving them the tools, guidance and environment necessary to reach their full potential. The Apprenticeship program will be a 12 week (~40 hour / week) paid contract position here at ST HQ in Washington, with the potential for a full time offer to join our Engineering team. We are looking for hard working folks who love to learn and are hungry to improve their abilities. You will be paired with a team of fantastic Engineers working on a specific product or objective, and get an opportunity to hone your skills in a collaborative setting. Social Tables is committed to fostering a sense of community, supporting each other and growing together.
# HOW TO APPLY
Apply to the apprenticeship by following submission instructions and completing the coding challenge found on GitHub: https://github.com/socialtables/venue-app-challenge
Submissions are due August 26th.
Don't think you're totally qualified? That's totally okay; apply anyway! We always want to talk to great people.
YOUR ROLE AS AN APPRENTICE
- Contribute as an embedded member of one of our software development teams
- Build interactive views in React
- Work with product managers and designers to define feature/product scope.
- 3 month (~40 hour / week) paid contract position here at ST HQ in Washington with opportunity to transition into full time.
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE
- We use NodeJS on the server
- We prefer Restify for APIs and Express for web apps
- We use React, Redux, and GraphQL in the browser
- We use Babel to transpile Stage 2 or later ESNext on the browser
- We build our browser assets with Webpack
- We use MySQL & RethinkDB for our database storage
- We use AWS for our infrastructure
- We develop on our local machines, not in the cloud
- We keep our projects up-to-date with current versions
WE BRING TO THE TABLE
- $1,000 / week in compensation
- Meaningful work on world class and industry changing products
- Amazing culture and coworkers
- Sonos deployed throughout our downtown space with fully stocked snacks, drinks and weekly happy hours
- Casual dress work environment
- Social Tables is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
If you successfully complete the coding challenge there will be a phone screen and potential on-site interview. Our goal is for apprentices to begin on boarding three weeks after the deadline. We have some flexibility on start date to accommodate your schedule.