Senior DevOps Engineer
San Francisco, California
Socotra engineering values thorough planning, self improvement, enabling the business with technology, and continuous delivery. Socotra engineers work closely with the product team to deliver meaningful, well tested, high quality changes to customers.
A DevOps Engineer is responsible for executing project work and supporting the core product.
- Responsible for the overall health and performance of our platform
- Build from the ground up reliable infrastructure components to deliver highly scalable services
- You should know standard security practices and also be able to identify any potential application specific vulnerabilities
- Tools development. We want engineers that can automate the deployment, administration and monitoring of our large-scale
- Linux environments
- Gain deep application-level knowledge of the systems as well as contributing to their overall design
- Work with development teams to enhance, document, establish process and generally improve the operability and security of our systems
- Previous experience building and monitoring distributed platforms
- Ability to analyze technical trade-offs and drive decisions / solutions forward
- Experience with Amazon's AWS APIs, shell scripting, Python is preferred 4+ years of experience
As a DevOps Engineer at Socotra, you will utilize your combination of significant Linux experience, programming abilities, network knowledge, information security and debugging skills to design, deploy, monitor and automate all operational aspects of Socotra's platform.
This position is based in San Francisco and includes salary and equity commensurate with experience.