Senior Software Engineer - Backend
San Francisco, California
Socotra engineering values thorough planning, self improvement, enabling the business with technology, and continuous delivery.
Socotra engineers work closely with the product team to deliver meaningful, well tested, high quality changes to customers.
A Senior Software Engineer is responsible for leading feature planning, executing project work, and supporting the core product.
- Gather business requirements and lead feature planning with the product team
- Inform all aspects of project work such as testing requirements, security, capacity planning, and product cohesion
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Provide peer review and feedback of engineering work
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 5+ year experience designing and building software applications
- Fluency with Java
- Proficiency with cloud computing
- Proficiency understanding complex systems
- Proficiency with software engineering tool
Nice to Haves
- Strong sense for proper testing methodologies
- Familiarity with big data, search, and analytics technologies
- Experience with distributed systems
- Ability to operate in a UNIX environment
- Previous knowledge of AWS, Spring, DynamoDB, SQL, Tomcat, Docker, Python, and/or Ruby
- Meaningful equity at an early stage company
- Daily catered lunch and countless snacks
- Great location in San Francisco's SOMA district (close to public transport)
- Top-tier health benefits
- Fitness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- Fun team offsites (past examples: skiing in Tahoe, Yosemite summer trip, cocktail class, baseball games, and more)
This position is based in San Francisco and includes salary and equity commensurate with experience.