Senior DevOps Engineers (Kubernetes)
Cloud Practice – DevOps /
Softrams is one of the fastest growing Digital Services firm in the Washington Metropolitan regions crafting human centered, empowering digital services with focus on HX, AI, Cloud, DevOps and Cyber Security. Offices in Leesburg VA, Baltimore MD and Plano TX and teams across USA.
1. Recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in Technology (2021)
2. INC 5000, Fastest growing companies in America (2nd year in a row)
3. Washington Business Journal Top 75 Fastest Growing Companies in Greater Washington area
4. 2020 NXT UP - Top Federal Emerging Technology and consulting firms
5. 2020 Inaugural DC Metro’s Most Successful Companies
6. 2020 Washington Technology Fast 50
7. NVTC Tech 100 (2019, 2020)
Softrams is looking for several Senior DevOps Engineers with strong Linux/Windows, Kubernetes and AWS experience who will be part of a collaborative and agile team that supports and delivers virtual infrastructure for mission-critical health IT solutions. Preference will be given to candidates that are able to work out of our Woodlawn, MD or Leesburg, VA locations post-covid. For the right candidate this can be a 100% remote role.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Passionate about the concept of infrastructure as code and leverages modern tools to define, build and manage virtual infrastructure in the cloud.
- Excellent hands-on experience with AWS.
- Solid understanding of Windows systems (2019+) and Linux Systems (CentOS, RedHat, Amazon Linux), hosts, networks, security, applications, and proficiency in shell scripting.
- Solid understanding and proven experience with configuration management tools like Ansible and Jenkins, Terraform, Kubernetes.
- Believes in automation for consistent, scalable and fool-proof delivery of infrastructure and applications.
- Support production issues/high severity issues on weekends or off hours as required.
- Senior or Lead level experience with at least 8+ years of experience in all the required skills.
- Experience in working as devOps leader focusing on CI/CD and CM tools and modern frameworks in the eco-system.
- Solid hands-on experience with working on AWS
- Experience deploying to Kubernetes
- Experience with serverless resources such as lambda, api-gateway, cloudfront
- Solid expertise troubleshooting and managing Linux systems.
- Creating manifests and troubleshooting pods
- Familiarity with Helm
- Understanding of RBAC for k8s clusters
- Hands-on experience in using Ansible or python.
- 8 or more years of experience with orchestration tools such as terraform.
- Someone with experience with tools such as Jenkins to enable CI/CD.
- 4 or more years of experience working with agile tools like Jira, Git, and Confluence.
- Candidates with proven certifications and socially accessible profiles that demonstrate the body of work and participation in modern collaboration hubs.
- A great team player and genuinely believes in solving challenges as a team.
- Willing to learn new technologies and methodologies quickly.
- Explores alternatives and quickly prototyping to validate hypothetical architectures or solutions
- Good understanding of the core tenets of agile both in letter and spirit
- Demonstrated ability come up with System designs, architecture, process flows and Concept of Operations for large complex systems
- Please provide any code in Github or such that you have worked on personally or in the open-source community.
- Be able to demonstrate proficiency with configuration management tools such as Ansible, during the interview process.
- Should have an AWS certification or be ready to obtain a certification within 60 days from the date of joining.
- Kubernetes: Service Mesh, Gitops, Securing clusters, Creating Helm Charts
Public Trust Clearance
This role requires the hired candidate to go through public clearance. A minimum of 3 years of stay in the U.S. within the last 5 years is a must to be eligible to qualify for public trust clearance sponsorship.
Benefits and Perks
· 65%-75% company sponsored (including dependents) premiums towards Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance. 100% employer sponsored STD, LTD & Life Insurance (min $100K). Voluntary Life insurance option available.
· Retirement 401(k) Plan with employer matching. Immediate vesting.
· Vacation & Sick leaves
· Discretionary Bonus, Spot awards, Gifts, Tenure based rewards.
· Company sponsored role based certifications/trainings.
· Monthly DoordashDashPass subscription.
· Group discounts via LifeMart ADP
We do have great open collaboration physical office spaces in Leesburg VA and Baltimore MD for those of us that may prefer either short term or long-term physical spaces. However, Softrams is a 100% remote first team environment, and this role is a 100% remote opportunity within USA. Softrams works in eastern zone and standard work hours are 9 AM ET to 5 PM ET with flexibility around the start and end times based on the team needs.
Softrams is a Maryland & Virginia-based small business information technology, consulting, and solutions provider specializing in emerging technologies for UX/UI, Mobile Apps, DevOps, Big Data Analytics, Data Science, and Cyber Security. We offer innovative technology implementations and build customer-centric services that are simple, intuitive, scalable, efficient and most importantly usable.
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.