Cloud Architect/ SME
Cloud Practice – Cloud Practice /
Softrams is one of the fastest growing Digital Services firm in the Washington Metropolitan regions crafting human centered, empowering digital services with focus on HX, AI, Cloud, DevOps and Cyber Security. Offices in Leesburg VA, Baltimore MD and Plano TX and teams across USA.
1. Recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in Technology (2021)
2. INC 5000, Fastest growing companies in America (2nd year in a row)
3. Washington Business Journal Top 75 Fastest Growing Companies in Greater Washington area
4. 2020 NXT UP - Top Federal Emerging Technology and consulting firms
5. 2020 Inaugural DC Metro’s Most Successful Companies
6. 2020 Washington Technology Fast 50
7. NVTC Tech 100 (2019, 2020)
Softrams is looking for a Cloud Architect. As a cloud architect, you will be responsible for technical duties such as infrastructure design, planning, management, maintenance and support associated with cloud computing. You will be working closely with other Architects, Systems Engineers, Software Engineers and Operations Engineering/Manager as well as Government counterparts to perform and manage our cloud solutions, cloud computing strategy and all associated documentation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working with our engineering and infrastructure teams to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the program.
- Planning, designing, implementing and supervising our on-prem to cloud migration solution, in classified environment.
- Migration and managing cloud environments in accordance with our security guidelines.
- Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required.
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for project’s cloud end-to-end architecture, including AWS and Azure networking, provisioning, and management
- Demonstrate knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability)
- Demonstrate leadership ability to support decisions with research and the “why,” and articulate options, the pros and cons for each, and a recommendation
- Advocate and define cloud architecture vision from a strategic perspective, including internal and external platforms, tools, and systems
- Provide support and technical governance, expertise related to cloud architectures, deployment, and operations
- Building and designing web services in the cloud.
- Orchestrating and automating cloud-based platforms throughout the program.
- Coordinate with team to prioritize product backlogs for sprints and releases.
- Assist with monitoring & reporting technical variances; facilitate resolution of technical issues that adversely impact successful product delivery.
- Assist with identifying and supporting external dependencies where needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or related technical field or equivalent experience with 12+ years in systems engineering or 4 additional years in lieu of degree
- Extensive experience with Commercial Cloud Services (C2S) to include application migration.
- Experience with devOps roles and CI/CD pipelines
- Contribute to DevSecOps development activities and complex development tasks
- Experience in a Cloud Architect role or related position
- Architect level Experience in Multiple Cloud platforms. (some combination of) Amazon, Azure, GPC
- Architect level Certifications within multiple cloud platforms
- Demonstrate forward thinking around where the project’s roadmap and how cloud-based technology can support these efforts
- Provide technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of an issue, including the determination and provision of workaround solution or escalation to product owners
- Experience as a team lead preferred
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, systems engineers and architects
- Ability to work well/collaborate with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of system integration activities
- Lead the definition and development of cloud reference architecture and management systems
- Conduct work reviews with team members
- Experience Mentoring
Public Trust Clearance
This role requires the hired candidate to go through public clearance. A minimum of 3 years of stay in the U.S. within the last 5 years is a must to be eligible to qualify for public trust clearance sponsorship.
Benefits and Perks
· 65%-75% company sponsored (including dependents) premiums towards Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance. 100% employer sponsored STD, LTD & Life Insurance (min $100K). Voluntary Life insurance option available.
· Retirement 401(k) Plan with employer matching. Immediate vesting.
· Vacation & Sick leaves
· Discretionary Bonus, Spot awards, Gifts, Tenure based rewards.
· Company sponsored role based certifications/trainings.
· Monthly DoordashDashPass subscription.
· Group discounts via LifeMart ADP
We do have great open collaboration physical office spaces in Leesburg VA and Baltimore MD for those of us that may prefer either short term or long-term physical spaces. However, Softrams is a 100% remote first team environment, and this role is a 100% remote opportunity within USA. Softrams works in eastern zone and standard work hours are 9 AM ET to 5 PM ET with flexibility around the start and end times based on the team needs.
Softrams is a Maryland & Virginia-based small business information technology, consulting, and solutions provider specializing in emerging technologies for UX/UI, Mobile Apps, DevOps, Big Data Analytics, Data Science, and Cyber Security. We offer innovative technology implementations and build customer-centric services that are simple, intuitive, scalable, efficient and most importantly usable.
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.