Technical Application Architect (Direct Hire - FTE)
Development – Development /
Softrams is one of the fastest growing Digital Services firm in the Washington Metropolitan regions crafting human centered, empowering digital services with focus on HX, AI, Cloud, DevOps and Cyber Security. Offices in Leesburg VA, Baltimore MD and Plano TX and teams across USA.
1. Recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in Technology (2021)
2. INC 5000, Fastest growing companies in America (2nd year in a row)
3. Washington Business Journal Top 75 Fastest Growing Companies in Greater Washington area
4. 2020 NXT UP - Top Federal Emerging Technology and consulting firms
5. 2020 Inaugural DC Metro’s Most Successful Companies
6. 2020 Washington Technology Fast 50
7. NVTC Tech 100 (2019, 2020)
The Technical Application Architect is a technical leadership position with a product oriented vision to further the user experience and the technical stance of the program. The idea candidate is a hands-on technical expert in modern web development solutions, capable of implementing proof of concept for solutions being design for the users. Your insights from these customer engagements will influence future product development and roadmap. You will be required to present challenges, solutions, and guidance to senior technical and business decision makers, executives, Softrams product development staff members and leadership.
The candidate should possess strong software engineering and architectural knowledge building cloud solutions. As a member of the engineering team, you will help sprint teams understand and prioritize customer requirements and feedback for the implementation and improvement of product features. We are looking for a person who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and lean in with the developers.
To be successful in this challenging position, you will need exceptional cross-group collaboration, strategic thinking, and inter-personal skills. The candidate needs to possess excellent communication and presentation skills as well as have the ability to effectively interface with team members and customers at all levels. As a thought leader, the candidate will also need to have a deep understanding of the best practices and strategies for web application development in the AWS cloud.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Provide Technical Leadership to a program delivering software for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Ensure software and other deliverables meet client expectations for quality, completeness and timeliness
- Provide direction to the engineering staff per their roles in application development, testing, and operations
- Support constructive conversations and resolve conflict as needed
- Facilitate/participate in key Agile rituals across Scrum teams
- Communicate project risks and other status to external and internal senior stakeholders
- Conduct periodic reviews and make recommendations for enhancements and improvements
- Ensure that documentation is stored in correct location according to version control requirements
- Assist program in all process improvement activities
- Stay hands-on with code with the team and guide them as needed
- Manage the engineering team members, provide performance evaluations, and mentor them to adopt best practices
- As part of company’s growth efforts, employee from time to time participates in coding and design challenges to build working prototypes.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 4 years leading/ architecting all phases of the agile software development life cycle.
- Over 8 plus years of progressive experience as developer, senior developer, lead developer etc building and architecting large scale enterprise applications using Angular/ Node and AWS stack.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and must be detailed oriented.
- Must be able to create, present, and defend a vision of the functional user centric solution to the rest of the team
- Must be able to effectively and professionally communicate to management, peers and customers as well as demonstrate sound judgment/reasoning skills
- Experience in an Agile environment, leading agile sprint teams and using agile collaboration tools (Jira, confluence, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose business problems, and support to come up with product roadmaps and timelines for product implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex data and business for business operations; demonstrated ability to understand user needs for system and interfaces and come up with requirement documentation. Able to perform end-to-end business process analysis to identify gaps and come up with improvements.
- Verifiable experience with architecting application, systems or products using agile & iterative practices
- Must be able to exercise critical and rational thinking to identify alternate solution, strengths & weakness of each options, documenting and discussing them with stakeholders to inform decisions.
- Must have demonstrated experience in documenting complex technical and business problems in a simple & intuitive manner that others can understand.
- Must have experience in architecting and hands-on implementation experience with modern technologies stack like Node.js, Angular latest versions, AWS, Go, Python, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Must show appetite for active learning, embracing change and mentoring others in organization.
- Two (2) or more years of experience working with Federal Healthcare IT Projects. Other government contract project management experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of Healthcare, Medicare and Medicaid systems and data is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability come up with System designs, architecture, process flows and Concept of Operations for large complex systems
- Demonstrated experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Experience with Big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Machine Learning and one more cloud environments (AWS, Google and Azure)