Senior FSQA Manager
Minneapolis, MN /
Operations – FSQA /
Senior FSQA Manager – Food Safety, Quality and RegulatoryThis role leads Food, Safety, Quality and Regulatory program to ensure overall product consistency and vendor conformance to SGB standards. Evaluates systems and products, analyzes data, and establishes quality control and food safety procedures to ensure SGB products are made according to specifications and maintain their ongoing quality, consistency, value and safety for consumers. Must have engaging and credible interpersonal style along with a strong understanding of key business drivers and metrics. Leads various FSQR programs as assigned.
What You'll Do:
- Issue resolution: Proactively and reactively monitor, manage and communicate quality and food safety issues with QA Supervisor (complaint response, holds, withdrawals, recalls, guest incidents). Identifies areas of improvement and continuous improvement action plans and sees them through to closure.
- Identifies trends and applies technical knowledge and skills to solve problems and develop corrective actions for on-going supplier quality issues related to product manufacturing and quality control.
- Is a subject matter expert on assigned categories and understands how the product and its manufacture interact with other business functions including supply chain and operations. Uses knowledge to educate others and improve programs outside of just FSQR. Applies strong technical intuition and business knowledge to identify gaps and recommend strategies and improvement areas that improve quality and mitigate food safety risk.
- Partners with and provides relevant input to Product Development during development and test phase. Takes a vested interest in the success of new and core products. Identifies strategies and tools to build the effectiveness and outcomes of the FSQR/Product Development relationship.
- Relationship Building and CommunicationOwns positive cross functional internal and external relationships (suppliers, government, industry associations, industry leaders) that generate strategic direction, business solutions, create trust, and help develop future department strategies that align with the evolving business.
- Programs (As assigned)Independently identifies, recommends and implements improvements to processes and programs, including cross-functionally.
- Develops new processes and programs to align with evolving business needs.
- Ability to present project updates and make recommendations to executive level, as needed.
- Champions next-level thinking that leads to step change department growth.
Who You Are:
- Ability to lead teams, to manage progress effectively in ambiguous and sometimes unstructured situations.
- Capable of delivering challenging/constructive feedback to suppliers or internal personnel in a coaching manner and maintaining steady direction yielding right results quickly.
- Project management - demonstrated ability to develop efficient planning methodologies and effective utilization of resources to achieve high value results.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple, complex projects and responsibilities in a fast-changing and deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to influence individuals across diverse functions to gain support and meet established objectives; able to articulate technical information to a variety of audiences.
- Relationship building skills with the ability to create mutually beneficial relationships with both internal and external clients.Strategic and creative thinker that can create and execute business-relevant strategiesExpertise in food manufacturing, processes and packaging. Knowledge of food purchasing, distribution and logistics.
- Knowledge of current industry and technical issues associated with food safety, nutrition, public health, environment and animal rights.
- Thorough knowledge of safety, microbiology, SQF/HACCP, FDA, USDA, GMP and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to apply sound technical principles to root cause analyses, problem solving and project management. Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to organize collection of data, analyze information and capture conclusions. Strong knowledge of quality and associated statistics.
- Ability to frame up highly complex issues with intentionality, balancing push and pull and stakeholder input in compelling ways.
What You'll Bring:
- B.S. Degree in food science or closely related field
- Must have 5-7 years of prior experience in quality management and food safety
- Regulatory experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office softwareWell organized with a high attention to detail and accuracy
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external clients
- Ability to work quickly in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Ideally has experience working within a franchisor organization, preferably a QSR brand
- Ability to travel up to 20%
About So Good So You
So Good So You is a leading brand and manufacturer of premium plant-based functional beverages in the exciting natural & better-for-you food and beverage industry. Founded in 2014 in Minneapolis, we were recently featured as the top 20% of Inc’s Fast 5000 – the fastest-growing privately-held companies in the US. So Good So You’s industry-leading premium probiotic juice shots are carried in over 4000 locations in 47 states throughout the US. As a mission-driven brand that does all things For the Love of Body and Planet ™, we strive for diversity and inclusion. As a majority female-owned business, we advocate for social justice and closing the opportunity-gap within our minority communities. Our current workforce is 74% female and 46% BIPOC and we actively seek to hire and support the career growth of minority, BIPOC and diversity candidates.
For the Love of Body and Planet ™
Our company believes that we are So Good, Together™ and strives to inspire an active lifestyle that is in harmony with the environment – that starts with embracing a lifestyle based predominantly on plant-based foods, reducing our waste and being conscious of our carbon footprint. We operate a renewable energy-powered Zero Waste manufacturing facility and have a goal to be a Carbon Positive company by 2022. We believe in the power of community – surrounding yourself with healthy, happy people exponentially increases your chances of being healthy and happy too! We are following our passions and are committed to supporting our community – our employees, families, friends and customers – to find and follow their own passions!
Property of So Good Brand Inc.