Food Safety and Quality Assurance Specialist
Minneapolis, MN /
Operations – FSQA /
Job Summary: The FSQA Specialist will support the overall Quality Management Team interacting with QA supervisor and other SGSY support team members. They will take ownership of non compliance, corrective and preventive actions (CAPA), build proficiency in problem-solving and root-cause analysis activities. They will assist in the formulation, documentation, and maintenance of quality control standards and on-going quality control objectives in the plant and external parties including suppliers, co-manufacturers and warehouses.
Additionally the FSQA Specialist will document qualification of new suppliers with internal business partners. Communicate with suppliers to gather critical quality data. Lead external quality audits and manage supplier corrective action follow-up. They will gather and document supplier data technical qualifications. Identify opportunities to streamline and improve the audit processes to ensure established quality standards are achieved.
What You'll Do:
- Perform supplier certificate of analysis validation on ingredients and quality audits
- Provide process improvement support, specialized testing, training, audit systems, analyze data, identify trends, troubleshooting, initiate corrective actions, and communications regarding processing data of final products
- Evaluate and ensure effectiveness of implemented corrective actions and preventive measures
- Drive continuous improvement in all plant Quality systems, food safety and sanitation
- Actively support food safety and quality processes, policies and maintenance
- Manage the hold/release system for finished goods and raw materials
- Maintains records of finished goods testing results, procedures, and monitoring activities
- Manage pre-operational verification including the use and monitoring of visual inspection procedures and ATP swabbing of the production equipment
- Drive out defects in the process through collaboration with the production teams and leadership to prevent and correct food safety and quality issues
Who You Are:
- Strong computer skills – word, excel, power point, etc.
- Effective communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Organized, critical thinker and relishes problem-solving
- Focused on data analysis and technical solutions
- Comfortable working proactively and independently in a fast-paced environment that is scaling and evolving
- Ability to partner, teach and influence others
- Ability to maintain current knowledge of changes and developments in quality assurance, sanitation, food science and sensory areas
- Highly adaptable and flexible to a dynamic environment
What You'll Bring/Qualifications:
- 4 year degree: BA in Food Science, Technology or other related field
- 1-3 years of experience in a Quality assurance role in a food manufacturing facility
- Basic understanding of FDA regulations
- Understand FSMA, HACCP, cGMP, and audit processes
- Exceptional communication skills (Bilingual in Spanish and English is a plus)
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision or in a team environment
- Critical thinking skills and a continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to read and interpret data and related documentation
- Strong mathematical (addition, division, multiplication, percentages) and computer skills (Email, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Ability to work on your feet in a cold wet environment
About So Good So You
So Good So You is a leading brand and manufacturer of premium plant-based functional beverages in the exciting natural & better-for-you food and beverage industry. Founded in 2014 in Minneapolis, we were recently featured as the top 20% of Inc’s Fast 5000 – the fastest-growing privately-held companies in the US. So Good So You’s industry-leading premium probiotic juice shots are carried in over 4000 locations in 47 states throughout the US. As a mission-driven brand that does all things For the Love of Body and Planet ™, we strive for diversity and inclusion. As a majority female-owned business, we advocate for social justice and closing the opportunity-gap within our minority communities. Our current workforce is 74% female and 46% BIPOC and we actively seek to hire and support the career growth of minority, BIPOC and diversity candidates.
For the Love of Body and Planet ™
Our company believes that we are So Good, Together™ and strives to inspire an active lifestyle that is in harmony with the environment – that starts with embracing a lifestyle based predominantly on plant-based foods, reducing our waste and being conscious of our carbon footprint. We operate a renewable energy-powered Zero Waste manufacturing facility and have a goal to be a Carbon Positive company by 2022. We believe in the power of community – surrounding yourself with healthy, happy people exponentially increases your chances of being healthy and happy too! We are following our passions and are committed to supporting our community – our employees, families, friends and customers – to find and follow their own passions!
Property of So Good Brand Inc.