Minneapolis, MN /
Operations – FSQA /
Job Summary: The QA Lead will be responsible to oversee all duties and projects as they develop their skills and understanding of the food safety and quality system. The lead role is a very hands on, highly interactive role in a fast paced, ever changing production environment. The lead will seek and drive continuous improvement of all aspects of the food safety and quality system. The ability to quickly assess risk, lead a team to a decision point and ensure plans are executed are critical skills required to perform this role.
What you’ll do:
● Perform the following duties which include, but are not limited to, pre-operational inspection of beverages, monitor process controls, perform sample collection for microbiological or chemical testing, troubleshoot and take appropriate corrective action when deviations occur, perform quality audits, investigate customer feedback and internal incidents, monitor employees for proper work conduct including but not limited to HACCP, GMP’s, SOP’s and SSOP’s, monitor daily SQF, HACCP, and production logs to ensure they are complete, accurate and done in a timely fashion, ,support plant manager and CEO for any inspection performed by the MNDA, FDA, SQF, MOSA, or any other certifying or regulatory body, review monthly goals and continuous improvement projects with supervisor
● Assist Plant manager with additional tasks as needed or other regulatory compliance for food safety tasks
● Evaluate process flows and controls for adherence to HACCP plan
● Assess data generated by food safety systems and help production teams to identify trends by developing plans plans to drive improvement
● Drive agreed upon continuous improvement projects to successful completion
● Conduct non-routine tasks (GMP audits, Glass/Brittle, Retention Program, Internal Audits)
● Perform other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager
● Take a proactive role in ensuring safe, quality products are produced by immediately addressing any safety or quality concerns.
Who You Are:
- Ability to assess risk and make decisions under pressure in a fast-paced production environment
- Ability to display leadership skills and develop leadership skills of team and coworkers.
- Ability to quickly respond to incidents and changes and lead a team of technicians through them.
- Display, initiate to assess the department needs in order to create, plan and execute tasks with minimal direction.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and/or coworkers
- 4 year degree: Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Food Technology or other related field
- 1-3 years of experience in a Quality assurance role in a food manufacturing facility
- Juice HACCP certification, or willing and able to receive training on the job and obtain certification within 6 months of start date
- Familiarity with SQF programs, SQF certification preferred
- Exceptional communication skills (Bilingual in Spanish and English is a plus)
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision or in a team environment
- Critical thinking skills and a continuously improvement mindset
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to read and interpret data and related documentation
- Strong mathematical (addition, division, multiplication, percentages) and computer skills (Email, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Ability to work on your feet in a cold wet environment
Interested and qualified applicants should send a brief cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Salary is $73,000 annualized
About So Good So You
So Good So You is a leading brand and manufacturer of premium plant-based functional beverages in the exciting natural & better-for-you food and beverage industry. Founded in 2014 in Minneapolis, we were recently featured as the top 20% of Inc’s Fast 5000 – the fastest-growing privately-held companies in the US. So Good So You’s industry-leading premium probiotic juice shots are carried in over 4000 locations in 47 states throughout the US. As a mission-driven brand that does all things For the Love of Body and Planet ™, we strive for diversity and inclusion. As a majority female-owned business, we advocate for social justice and closing the opportunity-gap within our minority communities. Our current workforce is 74% female and 46% BIPOC and we actively seek to hire and support the career growth of minority, BIPOC and diversity candidates.
For the Love of Body and Planet ™
Our company believes that we are So Good, Together™ and strives to inspire an active lifestyle that is in harmony with the environment – that starts with embracing a lifestyle based predominantly on plant-based foods, reducing our waste and being conscious of our carbon footprint. We operate a renewable energy-powered Zero Waste manufacturing facility and have a goal to be a Carbon Positive company by 2022. We believe in the power of community – surrounding yourself with healthy, happy people exponentially increases your chances of being healthy and happy too! We are following our passions and are committed to supporting our community – our employees, families, friends and customers – to find and follow their own passions!
Property of So Good Brand Inc.