Front-End Engineer (Junior, LDN)
SOHO – Build Team
// ABOUT SOHO
SOHO is a data-driven full-service digital strategy, intelligence, and product studio, set up in early 2008. We build software, sites, and multi-channel experiences for the world’s biggest organisations. From the United Nations and British National Health Service, through to private-equity and international law firms, we apply an evidence-based and test-driven approach to systems design.
// ABOUT THE ROLE
As a frontend web designer-developer at Soho Strategy you'll be responsible for the creative design, prototyping, build and deployment of a wide-range of websites and apps across a whole host of industries. We’re looking for designers who are capable of building the rich client experiences they imagine for an array of devices. You'll be tasked with building exciting new products from scratch, and working with our growing team to deliver quality digital products.
- Extensive experience building responsive websites utilising HTML5, CSS3, SASS/LESS, frameworks such as Bootstrap, and design tools such as Sketch.
- The confidence to code the designs you create
- Good understanding of React, and experience using it in production
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser and cross-device compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Experience integrating PHP platforms such as WordPress and Laravel in to your work
- Expert knowledge about web-related tools and frameworks
- Ability to work alongside our backend team to deploy new features, perform frontend validation, and
General expected skills:
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- A history of developing efficient workflows including InVision, Gulp/CodeKit/equivalent, and Git
- Understanding of up to date best-practices with respect to accessibility and security compliance
- Experience visualising data with D3.js
- Well-practiced with split-testing tools (Optimizely, Unbounce, etc.)
- A more full-stack web-dev experience including Node, the MEAN Stack, working with RESTful APIs, and database design.
Pay & Benefits
- Base salary: competitive and commensurate with experience ✅
- Bonus and pension: profit-share bonuses, and pension contribution scheme 💵
- Weekly yoga at the office 🧘♀️
- Training and events 🧠
- Cocktails and mocktails every Friday 🎉
- 30 days annual holiday including English Bank Holidays 🏝🏖
- Cycle-to-work scheme and annual travel season ticket loans (if you prefer!) 🚂
- Infinite caffeine (really really) ⚠️
Soho Strategy is headquartered in Central London. The successful candidate will be London-based, or willing to relocate.
// STYLE OF WORK
On a day-to-day basis we work in small 3-5 person teams, roughly splitting time 80/20 between developing our own projects in-house, and engaging clients in their ideas. Our meritocratic pay model rewards results and allows flexibility with time. Hopefully you'll enjoy the culture we've built just as much as we do! We look forward to meeting you.