HASH – Deployed Engineering
// ABOUT HASH
HASH is a NYC-based startup dedicated to solving information-failure. We're building new technology that aims to enable rapid, accurate simulation of complex adaptive systems, allowing for better human decision-making, and more efficient machine-allocation of resources.
- You should enjoy building games and simulations through software and development.
- You’ve probably heard about emergent systems, such as flocking or Conway’s Game of Life.
- You have at least a year of programming experience from your classes, hobbies, or work experience.
- Your most important traits will be an eagerness to learn, and a love of simulations and modelling. Once you learn the ropes, we’ll help you learn and grow your skills in directions that interest you, whether you’d like to focus on further developing your programming abilities, building more sophisticated models with real data, or engaging in growing the company.
What a typical day will look like...
- You’ll spend most of your time writing and playing with simulations using HASH, initially following our list of requested items and then eventually making the list yourself.
- You’ll demo and share your models with us internally for feedback on code and presentation. If you choose, you can write about or share your models on our blog, social media, etc.
- You’ll hopefully be based out of our office at Union Square in NYC (although exceptional remote candidates may be considered).
Please include a resume and a cover letter expressing your interest in working with HASH. Your application will be reviewed directly by us, the founders at HASH, and not by a recruiter or any other third party. We aim to reply to all recruiting correspondence within three business days.
HASH's offices are by Union Square in the heart of Manhattan. You'll be based here, working as part of the founding team. We have a strong preference for candidates who are NYC-based, or willing to relocate.
We're looking for brilliant practical developers with a proven track record of building stuff, a passionate belief in our mission, and a strong foundational background in computer science.
// JOIN US
At the moment we're a small team, spun out of Soho Strategy, an evidence-based, data-driven business consultancy headquartered in London (England). We've moved out to New York, and our seed round has been led by the founder of Stack Overflow, Trello, and Glitch, Joel Spolsky. We're looking to hire deeply passionate folk excited to tackle complex problems on a daily basis. You'll be one of our first hires, and will receive a competitive base salary + equity, plus the chance to contribute to the growth of a genuinely exciting piece of technology still in its infancy.