Full-Stack Developer (Junior, LDN)
SOHO – Build Team
// ABOUT SOHO
SOHO is a data-driven full-service digital strategy, intelligence, and product studio, set up in early 2008. We build software, sites, and multi-channel experiences for the world’s biggest organisations. From the United Nations and British National Health Service, through to private-equity and international law firms, we apply an evidence-based and test-driven approach to systems design.
// ABOUT THE ROLE
As a junior full-stack web developer at Soho Strategy you'll be tasked with building exciting new products from scratch, working with the growing team to deliver a wide range of tools and sites, both for internal and client use.
You'll relate heavily to the following profile:
- Some experience working with one or both of Node/React
- A degree of experience working with PHP-based content management systems such as Wordpress
- A willingness to work with HTML5/CSS3 to deliver user-facing web services
- Experience working with RESTful APIs, version control systems (primarily Git), and relational databases (such as Postgres/MySQL)
The following experience will prove highly beneficial:
- Some experience using container technologies such as Docker, and cloud services including AWS/GCP/Azure
- Ability to demonstrate examples of code that you have written to a very high standard, executed as part of high-quality applications.
- Experience designing and building your own APIs
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment (Kanban/Scrum)
- A GitHub (or equivalent) account containing public examples of code you've produced
- A StackOverflow account containing answers to relevant questions
Pay & Benefits
- Base salary: competitive and commensurate with experience ✅
- Bonus and pension: profit-share bonuses, and pension contribution scheme 💵
- Weekly yoga at the office 🧘♀️
- Training and events 🧠
- Cocktails and mocktails every Friday 🎉
- 30 days annual holiday including English Bank Holidays 🏝🏖
- Cycle-to-work scheme and annual travel season ticket loans (if you prefer!) 🚂
- Infinite caffeine (really really) ⚠️
Soho Strategy's main office is located in Central London. The successful candidate should be London-based, or willing to relocate.
// STYLE OF WORK
On a day-to-day basis we work in small 3-5 person teams. Our meritocratic pay model rewards results and allows flexibility with time. Hopefully you'll enjoy the culture we've built just as much as we do! We look forward to meeting you.