HASH – Management & Operations
// ABOUT HASH
HASH is a NYC-based startup dedicated to solving information-failure. We're building new technology that aims to enable rapid, accurate simulation of complex adaptive systems, allowing for better human decision-making, and more efficient machine-allocation of resources.
We're looking for an all-round "smart and gets things done" type person to help us at our New York HQ. In the role, you'll be working directly alongside our CEO and CTO to execute on core business strategy, and will be our first non-technical hire.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will vary wildly: from finance and legal, through to HR, sales and marketing. Potential day-to-day challenges are outlined below, but no two days in the job will be the same. As such, we're looking for an analytical, organized generalist to fill this position.
You'll play a hand in...
- Finance (Management): monitoring cash burn, ensuring accurate and timely reporting to the board and founders, setting budgets/forecasts, research/preparatory work for financing and board meetings, interfacing with accounting software and external lawyers, accountants, and bookkeepers, as well as investigating New York/British R&D Tax Credits, etc.
- Legal: ensuring contracts are in place with employees, contractors, suppliers and customers. Ensuring the business meets all its regulatory requirements (e.g. auto-enrolment, data protection), and has necessary insurance in place.
- HR: implementing recruitment processes, screening candidates, thinking about employee development, appraisal, compensation and retention schemes, generally ensuring the team functions effectively (making people talk to each other), and reviewing health insurance plans annually.
- Sales: running split-tests on the website, conducting competitive analysis of clients, helping scope demo models for potential pitches in conjunction with HASH Simulation Architects and Simulation Engineers.
- Marketing: optimising our inbound funnel, writing copy, working to improve user onboarding and/or user-revenue/conversion rates, as well as organising and promoting events (in New York City, Washington D.C., and London).
We're looking for...
- Organised, hard-working problem solvers with a track record of performing highly in a challenging domain. This could be professional, academic or other.
- Candidates should be capable of moving fast and decisively under conditions of uncertainty, balancing competing concerns with a goal to ultimately driving the business forward.
- Awareness of commercial sensitivities and both strong verbal and written English are critical.
You'll play a pivotal role at the heart of a newly venture-backed company, with great opportunity for professional growth. You'll also receive fully-comprehensive health insurance, along with a NYC travel card, and a fitness stipend/gym pass to keep you active when not on the job.
HASH's offices are by Union Square in the heart of Manhattan. You'll be based here, working as part of the founding team. We are currently only hiring for management/operations positions on-site in NYC, and you must already have the right to work in the US.
// JOIN US
At the moment we're a small team, spun out of Soho Strategy, an evidence-based, data-driven business consultancy headquartered in London (England). We've moved out to New York, and our seed round has been led by a number of big-name tech investors and specialist AI/deep-tech venture capital firms.
We're looking to hire deeply passionate folk excited to tackle complex problems on a daily basis. You'll be one of our first hires, and will receive a competitive base salary + equity, plus benefits (including fully-comprehensive health insurance, a travel pass, and fitness stipend).