Coach - Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania /
Studios – Coaching /
Coaching (Full-Time or Part-Time)
At the heart of our community are our amazing coaches. [solidcore] is looking to expand our diverse team of athletes and fitness professionals. [solidcore] coaches are personable, outgoing, hardworking, committed, and, of course, passionate about our brand. They thrive in fast-paced, high-energy, team-based environments and genuinely seek to inspire others. Importantly, they are eager to learn and strive to continually improve upon their own skills and knowledge.
[solidcore] coaches lead clients through our signature 50-minute, full-body, low-impact classes. They are responsible for educating clients on the use of our resistance-based machines and empowering them to push through our challenging workout. [solidcore] coaches are expected to be able to think quickly and provide clients of differing skill levels with support and motivation. Classes are intense but small, designed to allow our coaches to deliver each client with personalized attention and accountability in a group environment. The lights are low, the music is on point, and the community is [inspiring]. At their core, [solidcore] coaches are dedicated to and invested in helping those around them discover what they’re truly capable of.
All [solidcore] coaches must undergo [solidcore]'s comprehensive training program. Our training groups are small as well as highly selective, allowing for individualized support and tight-knit relationships. Training managers are dedicated to the success of each trainee and provide ample feedback as well as trackable goals. Please note, prior fitness teaching experience or fitness certification is not required.
Our company is expanding rapidly. Team members who have chosen a career with [solidcore] and demonstrate a passion for the brand are afforded unique opportunities to grow with us.
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Optimistic and hardworking individual with a love for health, fitness, and the [solidcore] workout
- Passionate about helping others become the strongest version of themselves and achieve their goals
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ideally has previous fitness teaching experience or [solidcore] client who has taken 30+ classes
- Outgoing and personable with a desire to build relationships within and outside the [solidcore] community
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Genuine desire to inspire and motivate others
- Reliable and professional
- Comfortable on a mic leading a fast-paced class with loud music and lots of energy in the room
- Be available to coach six classes per week (average commitment of 34+ hours / month)
- Participate in team meetings and events
- Learn new techniques and best practices from the coach and Studio Manager community
- Interact and form relationships with clients and the fitness community
- Embody the [solidcore] brand and culture
- 20 days of virtual self-study followed by in-studio facilitated learning and practice, 10 days of mock classes to practice technique (flexible scheduling)
- Education on basic anatomy, kinesiology, and exercise principles
- Access to printed and interactive online resources as well as robust continuing education courses and programs
- Constant support and feedback from training team, studio managers, and pro-level coaches
- Client relations and [solidcore] experience training
[solidcore] is an approved continuing education provider for the Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) and the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM).