Associate User Experience Designer
Minneapolis, Minnesota /
Experience Design /
SDG is a high-performance software community. We are a team of collaborative and creative consultants who build and deliver custom software for some of the most recognizable local and national brands. In this role, you will be asked to leverage your current skills while also learning new ones. Working in over 500 different technologies and continually learning together, you can expect a one-of-a-kind and award-winning work experience. Our team at SDG has exceptional integrity and the desire to create the best possible customer solutions. We are proud to partner with our customers to consistently provide a successful working relationship as a high-performance team.
SDG is continuing to grow, and we’re adding an Associate UX Designer to our team! As an SDG Associate User Experience Designer, you will be responsible for using working knowledge of human-centered design principles to improve our client’s customer experiences. The ideal team member will collaborate and refine outputs through each phase of a given project with other design team members and end-users. We are looking for a team-oriented person who has at least 2 years experience building exceptional digital experiences for web and/or enterprise applications. A successful UX Designer at SDG is a lifelong learner who is motivated to continually improve their craft and thrives amongst their fellow employee-owners.
SDG’s UX Designers have proven experience with the following responsibilities. If you do too, we want to hear from you!
- Partner closely with customers to create user journey maps, storyboards, and user stories, and user personas, taking a user-centric design approach with the ability to test and iterate design
- Actively contribute to one or more product teams and foster an open, creative, and productive atmosphere for all team members
- Capable of crafting a compelling story that helps carry the experience strategy vision through to implementation
- Clearly communicate complex ideas and experience concepts through images, graphics, words, or mixed media
- Coordinate and capture effective documentation of the user experience to necessary stakeholders in various informational formats and artifacts (bulleted slides, research decks, reference files)
- Create and test solutions to validate the value to the end-user and their experience of the solution or features in the context of an organizational mission, goals, and service offering
- Provide structured consultation to development & implementation teams to ensure a thoughtful transition
- Facilitate and deliver successful project outcomes by collaborating and providing intentional outputs necessary for each engagement (journey maps, strategic briefs, guiding principles)
- Lean into one or more subject areas and own responsibility to establish and drive best practices around that topic or skillset
- Advocate, support, and collaborate with other designers—and the organization at large—on experience design, user-centered design methodologies, and industry best practices
- 2+ years of professional experience as a UX Designer
- A design portfolio that shows the ability to work across various industries
- Experience with UX Design tools - Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, Omnigraffle, Axure, UXPin, or equivalent
- Ability to drive alignment with stakeholders and executive leadership by identifying where, how, and why the customer needs overlap business objectives
- Experience creating clickable prototypes in Figma, InVision, or the equivalent
- Education degree or certification in Multimedia Design, Graphic/Web Design, Human-Computer Interaction Design, or related field or the equivalent related work experience
What's in it for you?
- Full-time salaried consultant position
- A true stake in success. SDG is an ESOP - 100% employee owned
- Star Tribune Top Workplace winner the last 4 consecutive years
- National Top Workplace in 2021
- Engaged teammates who care about quality solutions
- Challenging and rewarding work with great customers
- Various opportunities to give back to the community
- Be amongst some of the best technologists in the industry
- Dedicated to our core values of superior customer service, exceptional employee experience, and responsible corporate citizenship
- Opportunities to connect with other SDGer’s via internal communities, committees, and events – virtually and in person