Head of UX - Product Experience
Geneva / Annecy / Bochum / Remote /
Product Management – UX /
Sonar’s industry-leading solution enables developers and development teams to write clean code and remediate existing code organically, so they can focus on the work they love and maximize the value they generate for businesses. Its open source and commercial solutions – SonarLint, SonarCloud, and SonarQube – support 29 programming languages. Trusted by more than 300,000 organizations globally, Sonar is considered integral to delivering better software.
The impact you can have
The UX Team of the Sonar solution is in charge of the user experience in our 3 products. Our Product Designers and UX Researchers are working on complex applications for technical audiences, and strive for excellence and consistency. As of today, the team is self-organized and shares the leadership and governance functions. As Sonar is experiencing hypergrowth, the UX Team needs to scale so we can keep delivering great design work. To help us face the challenges ahead, we are looking for a Head of UX - Product Experience, who will be responsible to grow the team and amplify the value and impact of UX. Your ultimate mission will be to create a great environment for designers and researchers to perform their best work and deliver excellent product experiences.
On a daily basis, you will
- Help the team clearly understand the mission that fulfills the company vision, and craft the UX strategy accordingly
- Enable the team to grow in UX maturity and increase the influence of UX at company level
- Ensure that the team has clearly defined short-, medium- and long-run objectives
- Be responsible for staffing needs
- Make sure continuous feedback happens in the team
- Ensure team members are engaged, satisfied with work and are provided with a chance to grow in a continuous manner
- Work with the team to create, maintain and scale necessary processes and tools for UX Design and Research
- Ensure the right level of cross-team collaboration with the Product Management team, Engineering team, and Marketing team
The skills you will demonstrate
- Track record of building, leading and managing a UX team of high-performing UX professionals
- Past experience as an individual contributor in a product design team, demonstrating deep knowledge of user experience design and research, ability to understand the craft and challenges of UX professionals
- Organized and comfortable overseeing multiple UX projects, ensuring that your team can stay focused on creating great experiences
- Confident in advocating for the value and understanding of UX Design and Research across the organization. Capable of creating bridges between departments and getting a seat at the table for UX
- Excellent skills in communication (verbal and writing), facilitation, feedback and listening
These qualifications will help you stand out
- You have a technical background or experience working on complex tools
- You have experience designing in a hypergrowth context
Why you will love it here
• Safe work culture - we value respect, kindness, and the right to fail.
• Flexible hours - we schedule our days in order to be effective at work, while also being able to enjoy life’s important moments.
• Great people - we value people skills as much as technical skills and strive to keep things friendly and laid back. Still, that does not prevent us to be passionate leaders in our domains. Our 300+ SonarSourcers from 33 different nationalities can relate!
• Work-life balance - keeping a healthy work-life balance is important. This is why we have a hybrid work policy and some people prefer working some days from home.
• Always keep learning - in an ever-changing industry, learning new skills is a must, and we're happy to help our team to acquire them.
What we do
Sonar was started by a team of developers that wanted to change the way code is built in an agile development process. The company was created to develop the open-source tool SonarQube, which is now the standard in code quality management with over 350,000 instances deployed today. Every day we are focused on solving developers’ next big problem.
Who we are
At Sonar we believe in people, excellence, and delivery. We’re a team of problem solvers and overachievers who seek out others who are also passionate and relentless in their respective missions. We want to work with people who are ready to fasten their seat belts and be part of an incredible ride. We work hard not because we’re told to, but because we genuinely love what we do and do what we love. If there’s one main message we want you to remember about us, it’s that we push others to be best in class at whatever they do: choose your battle, innovate, take risks, and lead change. Join us; we’ll be smarter and stronger together.
If this sounds like you, apply now!