Community Manager - 100% Remote
United States - Remote /
Customer Success – Customer Success /
We are 350+ employees from diverse backgrounds, that hail from more than 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open source decision made by modern engineering organizations. We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies in America and have been named both a Deloitte Fast 500 and Inc. 5000 company three years in a row. We pride ourselves on being an open and supportive company, which is why we were named to Fast Company’s list of 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we’re very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
At Sonatype we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Are you passionate about building online communities? Do you thrive on delighting customers by helping them get the timely answers they need to be successful? Does the idea of making an impact within the Open Source Software ecosystem excite you?
If so, keep reading. Sonatype is looking for a Community Manager to expand on our Customer Engagement and Advocacy program. You will be collaborating with Sonatype customers via our online community, enabling them to use new technology and ensuring they continuously realize value across the Sonatype Nexus platform in order to build better software—faster.
What you will do
- Facilitate engagement among customers of all Sonatype Nexus solutions within the community and cross-functionally with internal Sonatype teams such Customer Success, Product Management, Support, and Engineering.
- Actively monitor the Sonatype Community on a daily basis, answering questions, directing users to the appropriate self-service resources and Sonatype experts as needed, and guiding discussions to constructive outcomes.
- Drive awareness of the Sonatype Community to ensure customers are aware it exists and are easily able to join the conversation.
- Expand our advocacy program to engage Sonatype's most successful users, partners, and others throughout the DevSecOps ecosystem.
- Serve as the voice of Sonatype and Customer Success through authorship and engagement of community content.
- Determine, measure, and regularly communicate KPIs for the Sonatype community.
- This isn't your first rodeo. You have direct, customer-facing experience (pre- or post-sale), preferably within an enterprise software company.
- You understand the modern SDLC and are able to have moderately technical conversations with our users. Prior experience in software development is a big plus.
- Your communication skills are second to none. You have written for a variety of channels, such as blog posts, forum topics, and best practice articles. To top it off, you are able to craft short-form copy that entices engagement.
- Working with cross-functional teams and a diverse set of stakeholders is a fun challenge that you enjoy taking on.
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.