Competitive Intelligence Manager - 2018806
US - Remote /
Product Engineering – Product Management /
Sonatype is the software supply chain management company. We're on a mission to change how the world innovates by making software development easier. From running the world's largest repository of Java open source components (Maven Central) to inventing componentized software development, and then software supply chain management, to creating the only solution that stops malicious open-source malware in its tracks, we're constantly leading the industry, while helping thousands of customers manage open source every day.
Already used by 15 million developers, we have lofty goals for our technology to be in the hands of every engineering team. And, we need you to do that. Join us!
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
As a Competitive Intelligence Manager, you will:
- Develop, organize, and maintain a competitive information repository, to ensure a single source of truth that surfaces product strengths, weaknesses, and differentiators.
- Develop competitive playbooks (discovery, positioning, messaging, objection handling, scripts, battle-cards, ROI tools, etc.) with respect to specific markets or competitors to drive GTM campaigns.
- Collaborate closely with sales engineers to breakdown competitor demos and technical documentation to build a SWOT analysis.
- Translate competitive developments into meaningful ‘so-what’ and ‘why’ insights
- Build key competitive assets and collateral that simplify technical and product details, so as to be easily consumed and appreciated by non-technical audiences.
- Track and analyze competitive announcements and new product releases.
- Deliver a regular cadence of reports to Product Management, Product Marketing, Sales, Sales Engineering, Customer Success, and Executive teams.
Qualities you possess:
- Unlimited enthusiasm to collect and share information across all levels of the organization
- Natural disposition to be a subject matter expert and reliable source of intel
- Proven ability to be successful in a role with a lot of autonomy
We are looking for:
- Experience developing competitive collateral (e.g. playbooks, content, decks, demos, webinars, videos, battle cards, ROI tools, etc.) and collaborating with GTM teams (Marketing & Sales) on competitive response situations is a plus.
- Excellent analytics skills; can create data to fill in the gaps
- Passionate about enabling a product-led organization to deliver customer value and business outcomes
- Understand market dynamics, the competition, and customer needs of the enterprise application development and delivery space.
- Hands-on experience installing, configuring, evaluating, and analyzing competitive and complementary technologies to compare and differentiate them.
- Ability to move iteratively with speed and urgency.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; capable of speaking with external audiences, internal teams and executives.
- Not required but nice to have:
- Is knowledgeable about modern Product Management philosophy and methods; experienced in shipping winning products
- Experience working with a fully remote product development organization
- Experience working as part of a high-growth software product company
- Experience battling gremlins in either a holiday or high-tech office tower setting
- Up-to-date understanding of market trends and best practices in the software development tooling vertical and keen interest in following emerging technologies
- Experience working on a B2B enterprise product, DevOps, and/or InfoSec
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.