Regional Account Manager - Australia
Sydney - Remote
Sales - International – Sales - AUS /
Sonatype is the software supply chain management company. We're on a mission to change how the world innovates by making software development easier. From running the world's largest repository of Java open-source components (Maven Central) to inventing componentized software development and then software supply chain management to creating the only solution that stops malicious open-source malware in its tracks, we're constantly leading the industry while helping thousands of customers manage open source every day.
Already used by 15 million developers, we have lofty goals for our technology to be in the hands of every engineering team. And we need you to do that. Join us!
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Sonatype’s global sales team is made up of more than 100 Sales professionals. Much of our team is based remotely in the regions or territories they support. Our reps are committed to achieving and exceeding expectations and providing a high-quality service to our growing client base.
Please note that experience within the DevOps and Open Source space is necessary to be successful in this position.
What you'll do:
- Develop and close sales opportunities for Sonatype’s Nexus Repository, Nexus Firewall, Nexus Lifecycle, and Nexus Auditor products
- Effectively communicate Sonatype’s value proposition to increase sales and expand existing customer footprint
- Collaborate with field marketing to execute and deliver on 5-8 events per quarter to drive new prospects, progress existing opportunities, and incremental revenue from customers
- Deliver lead generation to Tier I and Tier II accounts through target account selling, outbound cold calling, and calling on marketing-generated and inbound leads
- Hit sales and activity targets in your plan to make sure your 100-day plan is ignited
- Manage pipeline including activity for sales opportunities within Sonatype’s CRM system (Salesforce.com).
- The creation and execution of a territory business plan focused on developing prospects, pro-active up and cross-sell campaigns, increasing market penetration and sales growth within your territory
- Owning the territory as a ‘business unit’ focusing on direct sales to end-users across multiple segments
- Actively work with and lead as a team member with an Sales Development Rep and a Pre-Sales engineer to build pipeline and close business
- Willing to attend MEDDIC and other sales professional skill-building development programs
- 5 + years of quota-carrying sales experience in enterprise software sales
- Software sales experience in the Agile, DevSecOps and/or Open Source space
- Trained in software sales prospecting and passionate about aggressively hunting for new sales opportunities and lead follow-up in a professional manner
- Ability to build regional territory account plans, develop new partnerships and business relationships that result in new customer acquisition and revenue growth
- Must be a team player and comfortable selling software in a rapidly evolving, high growth, dynamic start-up environment
- Extraordinary people skills, persuasive personal presence, and presentation skills
- Hungry for success, consistent record of over achievement
- Experience and understanding of the rapidly developing DevOps and/or Application Security market
Things we are proud of:
- 2023 Fast Company Best Places for Innovators
- 2023 Leader in Forrester-Wave for Software Compensation Analysis
- 2023 Gartner's Magic Quadrant
- 2023 Software Report's Top 100 Software Companies
- 2023 BuiltIn Best Places to Work
- 2022 Frost & Sullivan Technology Innovation Leader Award
- 2022 PeerSpot Silver Peer Award in Software Composition Analysis
- 2022 Tech Ascension Best DevOps Security Solution Award
- 2022 NVCT Cyber Company of the Year
- Company Wellness Week - We shut down company operations for a week to enable all employees to spend time pursuing personal growth and enjoying much needed and deserved rest.
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal-opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.