Field Marketing Manager - Central Region
US - Remote /
Marketing – Marketing /
We are 400+ employees from a diverse group of backgrounds that hail from more than 50 countries and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we're passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open-source decision modern engineering organizations make.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton, MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we're very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use several communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team meetups. We also have an annual company meetup to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
The Field Marketing Manager - Central Region is responsible for leading Sonatype’s marketing strategy in assigned regions through direct channels. Your role focuses on building awareness in your region and driving leads from named accounts in each territory. You will work cross-functionally with the broader marketing department, including our Partner Marketing Manager, sales leadership, and regional sales managers to develop and execute in-territory campaigns to drive pipeline growth.
As the Field Marketing Manager, you will:
- Be responsible for creating and running the field marketing plan/strategy and budget for your territory
- Implement and execute marketing programs that drive the most regional impact and build a sales pipeline
- Work with the Director of Field Marketing, Regional Sales Vice President, and Sales Directors for your territory to ensure local campaigns align with overall business goals and direction
- Work closely with the ADR function in your territory to ensure Field campaign success, timely lead follow up, and on-point messaging
- Work closely with marketing peers across the department to build needed campaign materials, including landing pages, emails, and automation that enable effective sales qualification
- Prepare regular check-ins with the sales team to ensure proper campaign alignment and execution
- Identify and execute regional events that support marketing goals across vertical and horizontal audiences. Provide support on the ground, in territory
- Leverage, tailor, and localize corporate digital media strategies to scale market awareness and education
As the Field Marketing Manager, you bring to the table:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in field marketing, with a proven track record executing effective marketing and partner campaigns that drive sales pipeline
- Experience working with marketing automation technology, preferably Hubspot
- Comfort with marketing tools and technologies that enable businesses to scale lead generation efforts
- Knowledge and understanding of CRM systems, preferably Salesforce.com, and the capability of interacting with data in CRM systems to analyze campaign effectiveness
- History of partnering directly with field sales to achieve shared objectives, including sales enablement on programs
- Meticulously organized, detail-oriented, data and deadline driven
- The desire to thrive in a fast-paced working environment, enjoying an environment where no 2 days are the same
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Visionary: ability to see the bigger picture and prioritize accordingly
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Customer First mindset when engaging and supporting the sales team
- Motivation to learn and grow with a fast-paced company primed to do big things
Things that we are proud of:
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.