Field Marketing Manager - Central Region
US - Remote /
Marketing – Marketing /
We are 400+ employees from diverse backgrounds that hail from more than 50 countries and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we're passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open-source decision modern engineering organizations make.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton, MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we're very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use several communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team meetups. We also have an annual company meetup to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
The Field Marketing Manager Central Region/remote is responsible for leading Sonatype’s marketing strategy in assigned regions through direct channels. Your role focuses on building awareness in your region and driving leads from named accounts in each territory. You will work cross-functionally with the broader marketing department, including our Partner Marketing Manager, sales leadership, and regional sales managers to develop and execute in-territory campaigns to drive pipeline growth.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for creating and running the field marketing plan/strategy and budget for your territory
- Implement and execute marketing programs that drive the most regional impact and build a sales pipeline
- Work with the Director of Field Marketing, Regional Sales Vice President, and Sales Directors for your territory to ensure local campaigns align with overall business goals and direction
- Work closely with the ADR function in your territory to ensure Field campaign success, timely lead follow up, and on-point messaging
- Work closely with marketing peers across the department to build needed campaign materials, including landing pages, emails, and automation that enable effective sales qualification
- Prepare regular check-ins with the sales team to ensure proper campaign alignment and execution
- Identify and execute regional events that support marketing goals across vertical and horizontal audiences. Provide support on the ground, in territory
- Leverage, tailor, and localize corporate digital media strategies to scale market awareness and education
Who you are
- 3-4 years experience in field marketing. Proven track record executing effective marketing and partner campaigns that drive sales pipeline
- Experience working with marketing automation technology, preferably Hubspot
- Comfortable with marketing tools and technologies that enable businesses to scale lead generation efforts
- Knowledge and understanding of CRM systems, preferably Salesforce.com. Capable of interacting with data in CRM systems to analyze campaign effectiveness
- History of partnering directly with field sales to achieve shared objectives, including sales enablement on programs
- High organized, detail-oriented, data driven and deadline driven
- Thrives on fast pace working environment, enjoys environments where no 2 days are the same
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Visionary with the ability to see the bigger picture and prioritize accordingly
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and tasks
- Customer service-oriented in engaging and supporting the sales team
- Motivated to learn and grow with a fast-paced company primed to do big things
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.