Product Manager - Canada - 100% Remote
Canada - Remote
Product Engineering – Management
We are 350+ employees from diverse backgrounds, that hail from more than 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open source decision made by modern engineering organizations. We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies in America and have been named both a Deloitte Fast 500 and Inc. 5000 company three years in a row. We pride ourselves on being an open and supportive company, which is why we were named to Fast Company’s list of 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators in 2019. Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Sonatype is a rapidly-growing, venture-backed software company headquartered in Fulton, Maryland with major operations located in Tysons Corner, VA. Our product development and engineering organization is fully remote with people working in the US, Canada, UK, and Colombia. We were recently recognized in Deloitte’s Fast 500 as one of the top growing companies on a regional and national level. Additionally winning Battery Ventures Highest Rated Private Cloud Companies to work for, Washingtonian Great Places to Work 2019, and Wealthfront Career Launch Companies to name a few.
With over 4 million users, our Nexus product portfolio leads the market in helping modern software development organizations intelligently source, manage, assemble, and maintain open source and third-party components, so they can improve the quality, security, and speed of their software supply chains. Remember the breach at Equifax? Well, we help companies improve their software development practices to avoid such circumstances.
We love our work, but we also recognize the importance of work-life balance. We want you to grow as we grow. So, we support a remote workforce having 100% of our Product/Engineering team remotely dispersed across the globe.
We're looking for someone who is:
- Passionate about solving complex business, usability, and customer problems.
- Focus on delivering value and business outcomes.
- Knowledgeable about modern Product Management philosophy and methods; experienced in shipping winning products.
- Effective at synthesizing information from multiple sources and consolidating them into clear priority to align team(s).An excellent communicator, capable of speaking with customers, executives, and groups across the organization.
- An effective team player and capable of driving the objectives and priorities of one or more Agile teams.
As a Product Manager you will:
- Lead a product team to drive the evolution of a product/product area within Sonatype’s product portfolio to serve customer needs and achieve Sonatype’s business objectives.
- Evangelize the product vision, within and outside Sonatype, and shape the product strategy with others in the Product Management organization.
- Lead product discovery: Identifying market/customer problems and pain points; rapidly proposing, validating and de-risking solution ideas in as lean and cost-effective way possible, in close collaboration with the team UX Designer and Technical Lead, and with Product Marketing and other stakeholders, as necessary.
- Proactively talk to customers and users to understand their perspective, needs, and problems.
- Develop and analyze metrics to understand customer behavior, user behavior, market dynamics, and product performance to make informed strategic product decisions.
- Manage an objectives-based roadmap which supports Sonatype’s broader objectives, and align the product team and key stakeholders behind them.
- Measure success against objectives and business outcomes, not feature delivery.
- Communicate information broadly.
- Support product delivery in close collaboration with the engineering team and other stakeholders, as necessary.
- Contribute and support our culture of continuous improvement, participating in team retrospectives, providing feedback to other functional members, listening to feedback, etc.
Qualities you possess:
- Have 5+ years of experience working within a product development organization and 3+ years leading a product with a team of 5 or more developers working on a software product portfolio
- Experience in an Agile development environment using lean practices
Nice to have but not required:
- Experience working with a fully remote product development organization
- Experience working as part of a high-growth software product company
- Up-to-date understanding of market trends and best practices in the software development tooling vertical and keen interest in following emerging technologies.
- Experience working on a B2B enterprise productDevOps and/or InfoSec experience
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible, high-growth company, working on a team of experienced colleagues
- Competitive salary package
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Business casual dress
- Flexible work schedules that ensure time for you to be you
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators
- Glassdoor ranking of 4.9
- Come see why we've won all of these awards
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know