Digital Communications Specialist - 100% Remote
Canada - Remote /
Customer Success – Customer Success /
Sonatype is a dynamic and innovative global software company with more than 450 employees. We have been pioneers of modern software development practices, are in hyper-growth mode, and WE ARE HIRING!
Walls don’t make a company great; people do — and we have the best. While we have offices in Australia, the United States, and the United Kingdom, our growing and talented team lives and works anywhere and everywhere.
We believe great discoveries happen when people from diverse backgrounds learn, grow, and work together to achieve common goals. Our amazing opportunities are available across the globe in our Engineering, Design, Product Management, Marketing, and Sales teams. We seek candidates who share our passion for Open Source Technology and offer a creative, collaborative environment where every employee has a voice.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
About the team:
The Customer Experience team at Sonatype helps ensure that the Sonatype customer journey is as seamless and frictionless as possible. From providing a best-in-class customer portal with exceptional educational materials, a Community Forum, and access to Support; to ensuring customers receive the information they need at the right time in their onboarding process; to facilitating monthly drop-in Office Hours calls, we exist to make the lives of our customers easier through just-in-time and self-service resources and experiences.
- Possess 2+ years of experience in writing customer-facing digital communications in channels such as email, web, and other short-form content that communicates value propositions, benefits, and instructions concisely and compellingly.
- Have experience crafting HTML-based emails and supporting graphics that engage the customer
- Worked with automated email systems such as Gainsight, SendGrid, or HubSpot and understood GDPR compliance requirements.
- Comfortable explaining technical concepts in easy-to-understand terms.
- Know how to track and measure the success of email campaigns and programs and methods to improve open rates, click-to-open rates, etc.
- Have a strong sense of what works and what doesn’t when it comes to B2B Tech Touch strategy, and you understand that customer communications require a light and nuanced touch.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism or a related field is helpful (not required)
What you will do
- Determine the strategy/approach for customer-centric Tech Touch communications on the Customer Experience team.
- Craft concise and compelling digital communications programs that help guide customers along their journey with Sonatype and focus on achieving value with their investments.
- Serve as an advocate for the particular needs and preferences of the customer, catering various communications to different audiences and segments as needed.
- Develop content and select graphics for our monthly customer newsletter, which serves as a digest of all the latest updates regarding product releases, new educational resources, upcoming events, and more.
- Determine, track, and measure key performance indicators for all customer-facing Tech Touch communications—and continuously work towards improving our overall Customer Communications strategy.
- Collaborate closely with Customer Success, Product Management, Marketing, and Sales to drive customer communications strategy and alignment across the organization.
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.