Director, Quality Engineering
Engineering – Engineering /
Sonrai Security is a rapidly growing venture-funded Saas cloud security company with over a 300% increase in revenue-customer logos and a 67% growth in employees. We were named a 2021 Gartner Cool Vendor and recently secured $50M Series C funding backed by Menlo Ventures, Polaris Partners, TenEleven Ventures, and Istari.
Candidates who join our team will have a tremendous impact on our success & mission to be the industry leader in our space. We’re looking for candidates who are passionate about solving the complex cloud security challenges posed by rapid cloud adoption with a motivated, close-knit team.
Sonrai Security is seeking a technology leader to lead quality engineering across all of its agile development teams on its industry leading Cloud Security Platform. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, you will be responsible for quality across all facets of the product development life cycle, ensuring resilient deliveries, organizing automation and user acceptance testing strategies.
In this role, you will be partnering with Directors of Development and Cloud Operations on the delivery of a complex platform in a fast paced environment. You will work closely with agile development teams, product owners and subject matter experts to instill a repeatable quality level in deliveries This position requires regular communication with senior management on status, strategy and risks. Excellent communications skills and a strong technical competency are essential. Ideal candidates will have experience implementing automation and testing strategies in agile environments.
In this role you will be:
- Leading the implementation of an automation strategy on a rapid delivery model to maintain quality across APIs, Platform Functions and key cloud security use cases.
- Owning the state of automation testing.
- Working with Product Management and other stakeholders to augment and improve User Acceptance Testing processes on Sonrai DIG key use cases.
- Defining, reporting and delivering on engineering and product quality metrics.
- Improving quality engineering process, best practices and developer workflows.
- Collaborating with development in understanding technical architecture and design to optimize testing and automation practices and align automation plans.
- Actively participating in prioritization, scoping, planning and execution.
- Validating that user expectations will be met through the automated and user acceptance testing that is in place.
- 10+ years of experience building and leading quality engineering - preferably on cloud based SAAS platforms.
- 5+ years in people management experience with a passion for mentorship.
- A strong understanding of QA Methodologies and Frameworks and Full Stack Development.
- A strong understanding of modern web technologies including REST APIs GraphQL and microservice development on Kubernetes.
- Experience with CI/CD Pipelines and Agile Development including feature flags and experimentation frameworks.
- Deep knowledge of programming & architectures (including Go, Java, Messaging Protocols and Cloud Services)
- Experience in Cloud Based SAAS platforms.
- Exceptional project planning/executing skills including estimating, scheduling and executing on committed schedules.
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with git and related tools like Github.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering preferably in Computer Science (or related discipline).
- 7+ years of experience as a Quality Engineer
- Experience with best-in-breed QA tools
- Experience with building automation and testing into complex systems scale
- Experience with AWS Cloud Based Services
Sonrai Security and Sonrai Security (Canada) are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee and any percentages listed are approximate. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.