QA Team Lead
Product Development – Software Engineering /
Sophos is a worldwide leader and innovator of advanced cybersecurity solutions, including Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and incident response services and a broad portfolio of endpoint, network, email, and cloud security technologies that help organizations defeat cyberattacks. As one of the largest pure-play cybersecurity providers, Sophos defends more than 500,000 organizations and more than 100 million users globally from active adversaries, ransomware, phishing, malware, and more. Sophos’ services and products connect through its cloud-based Sophos Central management console and are powered by Sophos X-Ops, the company’s cross-domain threat intelligence unit. Sophos X-Ops intelligence optimizes the entire Sophos Adaptive Cybersecurity Ecosystem, which includes a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity and information technology vendors. Sophos provides cybersecurity-as-a-service to organizations needing fully managed, turnkey security solutions. Customers can also manage their cybersecurity directly with Sophos’ security operations platform or use a hybrid approach by supplementing their in-house teams with Sophos’ services, including threat hunting and remediation. Sophos sells through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos is headquartered in Oxford, U.K. More information is available at www.sophos.com.
The SophosLabs team is at the heart of Sophos providing the core operations, research, and automation that Sophos’ products use to protect businesses from known and emerging threats.
We have a fantastic opportunity within the SophosLabs team for a high performing technical leader with the passion, experience, and gravitas to drive quality innovation and process improvements across the SophosLabs department. You will manage a team of experienced software developers in test, developing and maintaining exceptionally reliable test automation services for use in the production delivery chain used to publish protection updates to Sophos customers. Alongside this you will collaborate with our industry leading threat research and platform development teams to define and contribute to the quality requirements and deliverables associated with the content, systems, and services those teams deliver
- Drive changes to test automation approach, systems, coverage, and reporting
- Managing change and progression of a production operation
- Use metrics to report on status and prioritise change
- Participate in strategic planning of the QA roadmap for SophosLabs
- Collaborate with the SophosLabs teams to define and deliver on their risk and quality priorities
- Champion Quality processes across SophosLabs
- Evaluate risks and mitigations associated with existing systems and processes, as well as new releases
- Mentor and coach members of the team at all levels
- Defining training plans for the team and with individuals
- Help recruit, hire, and retain top technical talent
What You Shall Bring
- Experience leading software engineering or test automation teams
- Passion for building and automating quality into engineering development lifecycle
- Understanding of cloud architecture, ideally using AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Ability to drive decision-making at both individual contributor and management level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience or proven interest in cybersecurity would be a benefit but not essential
- Experience working in a scaled agile environment
Ready to Join Us?
At Sophos, we believe in the power of diverse perspectives to fuel innovation. Research shows that candidates sometimes hesitate to apply if they don't check every box in a job description. We challenge that notion. Your unique experiences and skills might be exactly what we need to enhance our team. Don't let a checklist hold you back – we encourage you to apply.
What's Great About Sophos?
· Sophos operates a remote-first working model, making remote work the primary option for most employees. However, some roles may necessitate a hybrid approach. Please refer to the location details in our job postings for further information.
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants who can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.