Accountant - Fixed Term
Finance – Accounting /
Sophos is a worldwide leader and innovator of advanced cybersecurity solutions, including Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and incident response services and a broad portfolio of endpoint, network, email, and cloud security technologies that help organizations defeat cyberattacks. As one of the largest pure-play cybersecurity providers, Sophos defends more than 500,000 organizations and more than 100 million users globally from active adversaries, ransomware, phishing, malware, and more. Sophos’ services and products connect through its cloud-based Sophos Central management console and are powered by Sophos X-Ops, the company’s cross-domain threat intelligence unit. Sophos X-Ops intelligence optimizes the entire Sophos Adaptive Cybersecurity Ecosystem, which includes a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity and information technology vendors. Sophos provides cybersecurity-as-a-service to organizations needing fully managed, turnkey security solutions. Customers can also manage their cybersecurity directly with Sophos’ security operations platform or use a hybrid approach by supplementing their in-house teams with Sophos’ services, including threat hunting and remediation. Sophos sells through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos is headquartered in Oxford, U.K. More information is available at www.sophos.com.
The Accountant in Spain will report to the Western Europe Regional Controller and will have key responsibility for all aspects of accounting for all the operations of Sophos Iberia. This includes all elements of the Spanish finance functions covering, AP/AR supervision, general accounting & balance sheet control, being the main contact for consultants and for annual audits. You will also be responsible for month end processes, variance analysis and ensuring timely and accurate reporting for all statutory returns including VAT, WHT, CIT and statutory accounts.
- Responsible for accounting functions and month end closing procedures to strict close deadlines.
- Provide analysis for monthly/quarterly/annual variances to Plan/Forecast on costs with significant variances investigated and justified where applicable to WE Regional Controller.
- Take ownership of accounting areas such as accruals and provisions, GRNI, Investments and fixed assets
- Carry out 2-month Cash Flow Forecast and analysis of variances
- Manage Sales tax (VAT), EC Sales list, Intrastat, WHT and Corporate Tax returns ensuring that reporting deadlines for filings and payments are met.
- Liaise with the HR local Partner to ensure smooth integration of new joiners/departure of leavers according to local labor laws in place is covered
- Support HR/Compensation/Benefits with personal benefit in kind and relevant local contracts (e.g. health/pension)
- Follow up and coordination of the Car Fleet
- Support to Local Office in Madrid
What You Shall Bring
- Degree or equivalent in a Finance /Business-related subject
- Practical experience of all aspects of the month end accounting processes
- Working with external auditors and managing elements of the audit process in accordance with local and Group GAAPs
- Understanding of the accounting practices and standards under Local GAAP and IFRSThe ability to work to deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and oral communication skills
- Excellent practice in Excel, knowledge in SAP is a major asset
- Fluent English and Spanish skills are essential
Ready to Join Us?
At Sophos, we believe in the power of diverse perspectives to fuel innovation. Research shows that candidates sometimes hesitate to apply if they don't check every box in a job description. We challenge that notion. Your unique experiences and skills might be exactly what we need to enhance our team. Don't let a checklist hold you back – we encourage you to apply.
What's Great About Sophos?
· Sophos operates a remote-first working model, making remote work the primary option for most employees. However, some roles may necessitate a hybrid approach. Please refer to the location details in our job postings for further information.
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants who can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.