Professional Services Engineer - Rapid Deployment
Sales – Professional Services /
Sophos is a worldwide leader and innovator of advanced cybersecurity solutions, including Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and incident response services and a broad portfolio of endpoint, network, email, and cloud security technologies that help organizations defeat cyberattacks. As one of the largest pure-play cybersecurity providers, Sophos defends more than 500,000 organizations and more than 100 million users globally from active adversaries, ransomware, phishing, malware, and more. Sophos’ services and products connect through its cloud-based Sophos Central management console and are powered by Sophos X-Ops, the company’s cross-domain threat intelligence unit. Sophos X-Ops intelligence optimizes the entire Sophos Adaptive Cybersecurity Ecosystem, which includes a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity and information technology vendors. Sophos provides cybersecurity-as-a-service to organizations needing fully managed, turnkey security solutions. Customers can also manage their cybersecurity directly with Sophos’ security operations platform or use a hybrid approach by supplementing their in-house teams with Sophos’ services, including threat hunting and remediation. Sophos sells through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos is headquartered in Oxford, U.K. More information is available at www.sophos.com.
Are you passionate about Software Security?
At Sophos, we operate at the cutting edge of technology, protecting businesses worldwide against complex threats, viruses, and spam. We build high quality software security products in a fast-paced, nimble environment and we have been doing it for over 38 years.
Join us to help our customers protect their business and meet compliance needs.
As a Professional Services Engineer, you will work on time sensitive projects to deploy Sophos Endpoint to servers and user machines as part of the MDR Rapid Response service. It is critical to install Sophos Endpoint to all machines as part of the over-all effort to stop malicious actors from compromising the customer environment.
- Create and action a plan to deploy Sophos Endpoint to all machines in the customer environment
- Learn and utilize specific endpointdeployment tools and techniques as part of installation plan
- Deliver a strong customer service focus with commitment to excellence and the desire to delight customers
- Work with Sophos MDR Rapid Deployment Lead to focus installation efforts on priority machines
- Own and resolve all technical problems preventing installation of Sophos endpoint on supported platforms
- Provide regular updates to project progress to MDR Rapid Deployment Leads and customer with the goal of deploying to all machines in the customer environment
- Implement security measures to protect client environments from malicious activities and bad actors.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of processes, configurations, and deployment procedures.
- Work closely with the cross functional teams and collaborate for the project completion.
- Should be flexible in terms of availability for rotational shifts as being part of 24/7 business critical operations.
What You Shall Bring
- Experience working with complex, time-sensitive projects/deliverables deadlines
- Understanding on product implementation: scoping, pre-planning, execution and change control principles
- Ability to perform needs assessment, elicit customer requirements, and define project deliverables
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Comprehensive experience with Software Deployment methods- PDQ Deploy, GPO, SCCM, BigFix, LanDesk, INTUNE and JAMF Pro etc.
- Understanding on MS SQL and other transactional database technologies
- Ability to script (SQL, Batch, PowerShell, Python, Bash)
- Comfortable in navigating and troubleshooting OS via Command prompt and PowerShell (Live Response)
- Knowledgeable on the following concepts: Cloud, Data protection, Encryption, Malware, Spyware, Firewalls, Antivirus, API, XDR,and Disaster Recovery
- Familiarity with directory services (LDAP, Active Directory, Certificates),
- Experience with Virtualization (MS System Center Virtual Machine Manager, Hypervisor, Citrix, Kubernetes and VMWARE)
- Experience with Sys-internals tools such as process monitor & process explorer and packet capture tools like Wireshark, Putty
- Understanding of Azure, AWS, and other cloud virtualization software
- Comfortable troubleshooting remote desktop connections to Windows, MacOS and Linux
- Extensive experience with network diagnostic tools including insight into gathering and troubleshooting network issues using packet captures
- Understanding on Networking and Firewall configurations.
- Knowledge of configuring email routing and web filtering technologies
- Knowledge of Mobile Device Management solutions and familiarity with Mobile Device OS
- Knowledge of web site hosting and applications (Apache, IIS)
- Knowledge of network security systems, intrusion detection systems, and data backup
- Knowledge of Linux, Unix and Mac operating systems
- Knowledge of MDR Platform
- Experience with cloud computing platforms, such as AWS, Azure and GCP
- Intermediate knowledge on switch, firewall and VPN (Cisco, Palo Alto, Fortinet, Sonicwall)
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 Office Apps(SharePoint, Power Automate etc.)
- Qualification & Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Ready to Join Us?
At Sophos, we believe in the power of diverse perspectives to fuel innovation. Research shows that candidates sometimes hesitate to apply if they don't check every box in a job description. We challenge that notion. Your unique experiences and skills might be exactly what we need to enhance our team. Don't let a checklist hold you back – we encourage you to apply.
What's Great About Sophos?
· Sophos operates a remote-first working model, making remote work the primary option for most employees. However, some roles may necessitate a hybrid approach. Please refer to the location details in our job postings for further information.
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants who can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.