Threat Intelligence – Managed Detection Response and Security Operations /
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
Threats and actors are ever changing, which requires us as defenders to constantly be innovating detection and response strategies. The Sophos MDR team operates 24/7 to quickly detect and respond to threats which are targeting our customers.
The MDR team is constantly pushing the boundaries of threat detection and response strategies, which is why we are seeking to grow our team dedicated to this mission. This role will be instrumental to the MDR team being able to operate effectively through research, creation, and publishing new threat detection capabilities to support our customers.
What You Will Do
- Build new detection capabilities based upon research, analysis of threat actor methodology, and testing of new attack techniques for cloud-based platforms in Azure, AWS, GCP and other SaaS providers.
- Translate threat intelligence into actionable detection methods.
- Actively work with our threat operations and engineering team to enhance the processes that support the MDR team’s mission.
- Identify and automate repetitive or tedious tasks to optimize our threat detection workflow.
- Define and tune data sources to better identify and stop threat actor activity.
What You Will Bring
- Previous experience in one or more of the following: Host, Network, or Cloud Intrusion Detection, Cloud Security Research, Cloud Security Operations (CloudSecOps) in AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure, Kubernetes/Docker, and/or SaaS services
- Experience creating and optimizing detections for cloud environments
- Experience with git and common continuous delivery processes
- Offensive and defensive cyber experience
What's Great About Sophos?
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.