Senior Software Engineer -( JAVA -AWS)
Product Development – Software Engineering /
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
The Senior Software Engineer will play a key role in the Sophos development process by facilitating, managing, communicating, and automating tasks for the deployment and configuration of continuous feature builds for multiple development teams. By leveraging knowledge and expertise in the development and deployment of SaaS applications and microservices hosted in the cloud, the DevOps engineer will streamline the process of quick and frequent automated builds, managing the public endpoints API’s and help elevate the Sophos development process to the next level of agility. As a member of the Sophos DevOps team, you will work closely with software engineers, architects, product management and others to design and build the foundational toolset and capabilities that allow Sophos developers to quickly bring new features to market.
What You Will Do
- Design and implement API management fundamentals for public endpoints.
- Strong understanding of Web services, API's built on SOAP or REST, JSON, OAuth.
- Participate in architecture and security reviews for DevOps Projects
- Evangelize cloud technologies and CI/CD solutions for wider engineering teams
- Focus on developing tools and processes for secure development practice.
- Collaborate with multiple feature development teams to identify needs for building and deploying their applications.
- Deploy and configure daily iterative builds of applications and containers into Tomcat server and ECS/Kubernetes clusters for multiple feature development teams. Deploy and configure MongoDB test databases with test data.
- Design and implement automation for deployment and configuration tasks.
- Identify cloud infrastructure needs for deployment environments and manage infrastructure automation with a focus on resource and cost optimization.
- Troubleshoot failed builds and deployments. Determine and fix environment and configuration issues. Analyze logs and communicate potential code issues to development teams.
- Facilitate, manage, and communicate information related to environments - their current state, deployed versions and availability to developers, QA engineers and team members.
- Own and execute Bitbucket/GitHub, Artifactory and Jenkins-based software configuration and release activities in central Git repositories and Jenkins builds, branching, tagging, building, releasing.
- Support services and applications
What You will Bring
- Experience developing and supporting Java/Node/Golang based applications.
- Experience on Swagger and OpenAPI
- Strong knowledge with scripting languages, preferably Python, Go
- Expertise with build tools like Gradle, Maven, Npm
- Expertise with AWS services including EC2, ECS, EKS, Fargate, IAM, CloudWatch, SQS, SNS, S3 interacting with micro services.
- Microservices deployment lifecycle with Kubernetes is desirable.
- Experience with Blue/Green, Canary deployment methods is preferred.
- Experience with CI/CD tools and automation methodologies, specifically Jenkins and GitHub actions.
- Strong knowledge of Docker and the container ecosystem
- Secure SDLC experience with DevSecOps tools like Blackduck, Veracode, PrismaCloud
- Strong knowledge of encryption concepts and SSL/TLS certificates
What's Great About Sophos?
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.