Technical Support Engineer L2 (Network Security) - Remote Work [PIPELINE]
Makati City, Philippines
Customer Support & Services – Support Operations /
Sophos is a worldwide leader and innovator of advanced cybersecurity solutions, including Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and incident response services and a broad portfolio of endpoint, network, email, and cloud security technologies that help organizations defeat cyberattacks. As one of the largest pure-play cybersecurity providers, Sophos defends more than 500,000 organizations and more than 100 million users globally from active adversaries, ransomware, phishing, malware, and more. Sophos’ services and products connect through its cloud-based Sophos Central management console and are powered by Sophos X-Ops, the company’s cross-domain threat intelligence unit. Sophos X-Ops intelligence optimizes the entire Sophos Adaptive Cybersecurity Ecosystem, which includes a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity and information technology vendors. Sophos provides cybersecurity-as-a-service to organizations needing fully managed, turnkey security solutions. Customers can also manage their cybersecurity directly with Sophos’ security operations platform or use a hybrid approach by supplementing their in-house teams with Sophos’ services, including threat hunting and remediation. Sophos sells through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos is headquartered in Oxford, U.K. More information is available at www.sophos.com.
As a Technical Support Engineer L2 (Network Security), you will be providing technical support to field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing, and debugging complex electro/mechanical equipment, computer systems, complex software, or networked and/or wireless systems.
What You Will Do
- Provides mentoring to L1 engineers on all cases assigned and reduce turnaround time on resolving a case.
- Provide technical support to VIP Partners and Distributors customers by answering telephone calls and emails in line with departmental measures with a focus on high quality. Research incidents by replicating customer's issues within a test environment.
- Readily accept cases escalated from L1 engineer and schedule troubleshooting sessions with customers or correspond via e-mail.
- Replicate customer issues in test environment to provide root cause analysis on customer issues.
- Actively help mentor L1 engineers on cases in real-time via joint remote sessions and conference calls
- Provide technical support to Sophos customers / partners by answering telephone and other reported incidents calls that overflow from the L1 team in line with departmental measures with a focus on high quality as designated by Team lead.
- Learning and utilizing specific software tools and problem-solving strategies outside of internal knowledge base to solve for customer issues and continuously improve our processes.
- Ability to work a weekend on-call shift on rotational basis.
- Manage escalation queue by assigning cases to other L2 engineers.
- Subject matter expert in more than one Sophos product or equivalent third-party solution
- Regularly produce training documentation and conduct 1:1 or classroom mentoring sessions
- Ensure incidents are managed and escalated according to company standards.
- Document and record all activity and communication with customers over telephone and email according to departmental standards of quality.
- Recording all activity in the department's call logging system which needs to be updated after each call so progress can be tracked with each customer's incident, and reports generated for high profile customers.
- Adhere to Sophos Support Services best practices.
- Actively participate in weekly team meetings by providing feedback on current day to day activity
- Interact with Sales, Engineering and Product Management and participate in bug scrubs and project meetings to coordinate resolutions to customer-specific product issues and overall technical support trends.
- Adhere to Sophos Support Services best practices.
- Carry out mentoring of new starters and provide training in areas of expertise, product knowledge and integration
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and a minimum of 3 years related experience
- Identifies and completes complex assignments.
- Continues to build professional expertise.
- Applies Sophos policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Integrates basic principles of function with processes and procedures.
- Solves complex problems in own area and articulates and refines identified problems.
- Develops solutions based on the analysis of variety of factors within standards and procedures.
- Receives little guidance on work, guided by objectives of project or ongoing assignments.
- Plans own work priorities on a regular basis and may coach or guide junior colleagues on specific area of knowledge
- Shares skills and knowledge with others while building productive internal/external working relationships
- Presents facts, data, information, and the weight of evidence to influence others
Ready to Join Us?
At Sophos, we believe in the power of diverse perspectives to fuel innovation. Research shows that candidates sometimes hesitate to apply if they don't check every box in a job description. We challenge that notion. Your unique experiences and skills might be exactly what we need to enhance our team. Don't let a checklist hold you back – we encourage you to apply.
What's Great About Sophos?
· Sophos operates a remote-first working model, making remote work the primary option for most employees. However, some roles may necessitate a hybrid approach. Please refer to the location details in our job postings for further information.
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants who can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.