(Pre-) Sales Engineer (w/m/d) – Focus on National Partners in PLZ 0 & 1
Sales – Sales Engineering /
Sophos is a worldwide leader and innovator of advanced cybersecurity solutions, including Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and incident response services and a broad portfolio of endpoint, network, email, and cloud security technologies that help organizations defeat cyberattacks. As one of the largest pure-play cybersecurity providers, Sophos defends more than 500,000 organizations and more than 100 million users globally from active adversaries, ransomware, phishing, malware, and more. Sophos’ services and products connect through its cloud-based Sophos Central management console and are powered by Sophos X-Ops, the company’s cross-domain threat intelligence unit. Sophos X-Ops intelligence optimizes the entire Sophos Adaptive Cybersecurity Ecosystem, which includes a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity and information technology vendors. Sophos provides cybersecurity-as-a-service to organizations needing fully managed, turnkey security solutions. Customers can also manage their cybersecurity directly with Sophos’ security operations platform or use a hybrid approach by supplementing their in-house teams with Sophos’ services, including threat hunting and remediation. Sophos sells through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos is headquartered in Oxford, U.K. More information is available at www.sophos.com.
We are searching for a Pre-Sales Engineers (w/m/d) preferrably located in PLZ 0/1 (Area Dresden/ Leipzig/ Berlin) with a clear focus on sales and profound technical background.
As Sales Engineer with focus on National Partners you are responsible for all technical aspects of managing a number of defined national partners by determining technical requirements, matching them to Sophos solutions, making product trials and evaluations successful and generating business. You will present in front of, as well as train larger audiences.
In order to be potentially considered you need to be located already in Germany, have a working permit AND native German language skills (oral and written).
What You Will Do
- Support sales to increase the company revenue using technical sales skills to convince prospects to purchase Sophos solutions by explaining complex topics to prospects and partners
- Assist technical staff from partner in design and architecture of prospect solutions based on appropriate sizing and resiliency guidelines
- Conduct demos, product- and company presentations - also to larger audiences - to help increasing the company revenue; support or deliver the training of partners, sales or other audience
- Query prospects to qualify sales opportunities and conduct analysis with technical staff to determine requirements and specifications of solutions
- Support other departments by collecting and aggregating partner feedback and feeding e.g. into Product Management
- Address partner questions and requirements and assist and manage frequent technical evaluations by working with these partners
What You Will Bring
- Experience in technical pre-sales support, preferably with an Enterprise focused software company
- Technical expertise in Enterprise architecture components (network design, virtualization, directory services, firewalls, APIs, etc).
- Strong technical expertise in Endpoint products, MDR/SOC services and good expertise in Firewall products
- Understanding the principles of public cloud infrastructure technologies
- Experience in working and supporting channel partners
- Good presentation skills – ability to prepare and deliver an effective technical presentation to a technical or non-technical management audience unassisted
- Ability to link product features to business benefits and requirements
- Ability to perform needs assessment, understanding technical needs/fit, pain points and competitive threats
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal also in English
- Strong troubleshooting skills – escalating the issue with appropriate details if required. Offer prescriptive suggestions for future prevention.
- Ability to be hands-on, working directly with partners and customers, handling technical requirements and configuration issues
- Ability to plant and defuse competitive landmines effectively
- Ability to network and bond with partner contacts, being recognized as a trusted security advisor and “the person to go to”
Ready to Join Us?
At Sophos, we believe in the power of diverse perspectives to fuel innovation. Research shows that candidates sometimes hesitate to apply if they don't check every box in a job description. We challenge that notion. Your unique experiences and skills might be exactly what we need to enhance our team. Don't let a checklist hold you back – we encourage you to apply.
What's Great About Sophos?
· Sophos operates a remote-first working model, making remote work the primary option for most employees. However, some roles may necessitate a hybrid approach. Please refer to the location details in our job postings for further information.
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants who can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.