Senior Data Scientist
Product Development – Software Engineering /
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
We are looking for a Data Scientist with strong Machine Learning skills to fill an exciting role within the Sophos CNS organization. As a Data Scientist working on cloud security, you will play a critical role in developing machine learning models and driving data driven insights to enhance our cloud security platform. You will closely work with cross functional teams, including engineers, product managers and security experts, to identify opportunities, develop algorithms and implement data driven solutions that address the evolving security challenges faced by our customers.
What you will do
- Experiment and Develop: You will drive the end to end machine learning project lifecycle using best practices and well managed software delivery
- Work on proof of concepts and experiments to demonstrate value ML can bring basis product requirements
- Documenting data requirements, data collection, processing, cleaning and exploratory data analysis
- Collaborate across teams for timely well managed deliverables
- Innovate, Share and Educate team members and community
What you will bring
- Essential skills
- Solid foundation in Computer Science, with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or a related field and solid understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience as a data scientist working on end-to-end machine learning projects.
- Proficiency in Python and experience with relevant libraries and frameworks (Pandas, Numpy, Scikit-learn, Tensorflow etc.)
- Solid understanding of supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques including regression, classification, clustering and anomaly detection.
- Strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with cross functional teams and present complex concepts to technical and non technical stakeholders
- Preferred skills:
- Familiarity with AWS or other large cloud providers
- Familiarity with Deep learning
- Knowledge of Excel and ability to design complex SQL queries.
- Knowledge in cybersecurity.
- Experience with agile methodologies and tools like git and Jira.
What's Great About Sophos?
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.