Enterprise Workflow and Automation Manager
United Kingdom /
Information Technology and Security – IT Infrastructure and Services /
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
IT at Sophos delivers world-class IT applications, infrastructure, and services, enabling the delivery of the company vision and strategy. This department is led by a leadership team with extensive experience leading IT functions in the security industry, and our technical contributors are widely held as industry experts in their domain. We consistently encourage innovation and agility to foster best in class solutions. As a member of this team, we are committed to investing in your professional development to ensure you have opportunities to advance in your career.
IT at Sophos delivers world-class IT applications, infrastructure, and services, enabling the company vision and strategy delivery. This department is led by a leadership team with extensive experience leading IT functions in the security industry, and our technical contributors are widely held as industry experts in their domain. We consistently encourage innovation and agility to foster best-in-class solutions. As a team member, we are committed to investing in your professional development to ensure you have opportunities to advance in your career.
IT Enterprise Engineering team provides technical leadership for our Collaboration, Identity, Workflow, Compute, Storage, and End User Compute environments. We are looking for a manager to join our IT Enterprise Engineering team leading our automation and workflow workstream, which includes the technology stack ServiceNow, JIRA, Power Automate, Sophos Factory, AWS Lambada and GitHub. We are technology agnostic, picking the best tool or platform for job.
We view automation as a force multiplier for our IT Teams, allowing them to deliver faster to our business and improving the overall user experience. The demand for this workstream continues to grow as we embed automation into our operations and IT services.
What You Will Do:
- Technical leadership for our Workflow and Automation workstream, inducing people management of 4-person team spread between the UK, US and India
- Create our automation and enterprise workflow strategy, from technology through to demand management
- Architectural best practice across all of our automation and workflow platforms
- Low Code/No code Power Automate platform owner within Sophos
- Coaching and mentoring engineers in both soft and technical skills
- Demand management using agile methodologies
What You Will Bring:
- Stakeholder management, including C-level executives
- Development using SDLC and agile frameworks
- Managing a technical team of ServiceNow or DevOps engineers
- Understanding of Python or similar programming language
- Experience working with one or more of ServiceNow, JIRA or Power Automate
- Experience deploying a workflow or productivity tool to a global organisation
- Technical governance for SaaS tools
What's Great About Sophos?
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.