Professional Services Engineer (Remote Deployment Engineer)
Makati City, Philippines
Sales – Professional Services /
Sophos is a worldwide leader and innovator of advanced cybersecurity solutions, including Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and incident response services and a broad portfolio of endpoint, network, email, and cloud security technologies that help organizations defeat cyberattacks. As one of the largest pure-play cybersecurity providers, Sophos defends more than 500,000 organizations and more than 100 million users globally from active adversaries, ransomware, phishing, malware, and more. Sophos’ services and products connect through its cloud-based Sophos Central management console and are powered by Sophos X-Ops, the company’s cross-domain threat intelligence unit. Sophos X-Ops intelligence optimizes the entire Sophos Adaptive Cybersecurity Ecosystem, which includes a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity and information technology vendors. Sophos provides cybersecurity-as-a-service to organizations needing fully managed, turnkey security solutions. Customers can also manage their cybersecurity directly with Sophos’ security operations platform or use a hybrid approach by supplementing their in-house teams with Sophos’ services, including threat hunting and remediation. Sophos sells through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos is headquartered in Oxford, U.K. More information is available at www.sophos.com.
As a Professional Services Engineer (Remote Deployment Engineer), you will work on time sensitive projects to deploy Sophos Endpoint to servers and user machines as part of the MDR Rapid Response service. It is critical to install Sophos Endpoint to all machines as part of the over-all effort to stop malicious actors from compromising the customer environment.
What You Will Do
- Create and action a plan to deploy Sophos Endpoint to all machines in the customer environment.
- Learn and utilize specific endpoint deployment tools and techniques as part of installation plan.
- Deliver a strong customer service focus with commitment to excellence and the desire to delight customers.
- Work with Sophos MDR Incident Response Lead to focus installation efforts on priority machines.
- Own and resolve all technical problems preventing installation of Sophos endpoint on supported platforms.
- Provide regular updates to project progress to MDR Incident Response Leads and customer with the goal of deploying to all machines in the customer environment.
What You Will Bring
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of IT Security concepts, including antivirus, networking and encryption technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, inspiring confidence while leading customers through the steps to install and configure Sophos software
- Demonstrate a professional, calm, and expert manner at all times, while also being able to show leadership during stressful situations
- Demonstrate good judgment and ability to make sound recommendations
- Intermediate to Advanced technical skills including but not limited to: Active Directory, Networking and troubleshooting tools like Wireshark, Linux/Unix administration, MacOS administration, Microsoft Windows OS and Server administration including Domain Controllers and Group Policy Configuration
- Knowledgeable on the following concepts: Security, Cloud, Data protection, Encryption, Malware, Spyware, Cyber Security, Firewalls, Antivirus and Disaster Recovery
- Basic to intermediate experience on product implementation: pre-planning, understanding Scope of Work (SOW) and Change Control principles.
- Amenable to report to Makati office on hybrid set-up (1-2x a month)
- Experience with mass deployment tools (PDQ Deploy, GPO, SCCM, INTUNE and JAMF pro)
- Experience with basic command line/batch file scripting commands (PowerShell, Python, BASH)
- Experience with Virtualization (MS System Center Virtual Machine Manger and/or VMWARE)
- Experience with SQL Administration
- Understanding of Active Directory, Windows Operating System (in-depth) and other server roles and associated diagnostics, TCP/ IP, DNS, SMTP, and HTTP/HTTPS, SSL
- Experience with Sys-internals tools such as process monitor & process explorer and packet capture tools like Wireshark, Putty
- Knowledge of Windows server setup, deployment and Group policy editor. Knowledge of network security systems, intrusion detection systems, and data backup
- Knowledge of Linux, Unix and Mac operating systems
- Experience with cloud computing platforms, such as AWS, Azure and GCP
- Intermediate knowledge on switch, firewall and VPN (Cisco, Palo Alto, Fortinet, Sonicwall)
- Experience Azure, AWS, Vmware , Hyper-V and other cloud and on-prem virtualization software
- Comfortable troubleshooting remote desktop connections to Windows, MacOS and Linux
- Microsoft Exchange Administration
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- CompTIA Security+, Network+, MCP or MCSE certifications
Ready to Join Us?
At Sophos, we believe in the power of diverse perspectives to fuel innovation. Research shows that candidates sometimes hesitate to apply if they don't check every box in a job description. We challenge that notion. Your unique experiences and skills might be exactly what we need to enhance our team. Don't let a checklist hold you back – we encourage you to apply.
What's Great About Sophos?
· Sophos operates a remote-first working model, making remote work the primary option for most employees. However, some roles may necessitate a hybrid approach. Please refer to the location details in our job postings for further information.
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants who can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.