United States /
Legal – Commercial Legal Affairs /
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
What You Will Do
- Be part of a dynamic global commercial legal team providing legal support and advice to the business;
- Your focus will be to review and, where required, negotiate/advise the business on the risks of a variety of supplier contracts on a global basis (including, for example, Master Services Agreements, Service Level Agreements, Software Licensing Agreements, etc.) in accordance with Sophos’ procurement policies;
- If you are a candidate with relevant experience, you will also manage Sophos’ public sector engagement in the US from a contract point of view;
- There might also be opportunities for you to be involved in negotiations of Sophos’ standard terms with its end-users or channel partners (resellers and distributors) or more extensive negotiations on third-party paper;
- Establish and maintain relationships with the business to understand Sophos’ business needs to allow your negotiations to focus on relevant risks and problem-solving solutions;
- Consult with all relevant departments and stakeholders;
- Be an active team member, engaging in team meetings and thriving on healthy debate and an atmosphere where we all strive to learn from each other;
- Support global workload assignments while other team members are offline;
- Monitor and complete contract execution and use Sophos' contract management tools for record keeping;
- Work to improve processes and look for efficiencies in systems to improve our reach and help manage the company’s overall risk.
What You Will Bring
- Legal degree with a focus on Commercial Law and contract drafting (extensive contract negotiation and drafting experience in place of a degree also considered);
- Experience (4 years +) in contract negotiation and either contract administration and/or contract management in the commercial and/ or public sector;
- Demonstrated negotiation and problem-solving skills involving contract drafting, red-lining, reviewing, and negotiating;
- Imagination to adapt to the demands of the business and come up with creative solutions to minimize Sophos’ exposure to legal risks while facilitating business growth;
- Ability to ask the right questions and tailor your communications to the needs of the business;
- An open mindset, willingness to learn and adapt to a high-paced work environment;
- Ability to prioritize your workload, meet deadlines, and manage internal customer expectations;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and ideally Jira;
- Data privacy experience is a plus.
Applicants in Colorado, California, Washington, and New York City may email TalentAcquisition@sophos.com for the up-to-date salary ranges for the position.
What's Great About Sophos?
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.