Manager TTP Detection – Behavior Protection Team
Threat Intelligence – Threat Research and Engineering (SophosLabs) /
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
We have a fantastic management opportunity here at SophosLabs for someone to help lead our global team of behavior-based detection engineers in the hunt and real-time classification for indicators of compromise across our Windows product portfolio. Our growing team of highly skilled security experts delivers behavior-based classification rules for Windows threats that run in real-time across the Sophos customer base.
You will be passionate about the fundamental characteristics of malware and hacking attacks, and take satisfaction in finding, predicting & classifying new ways attackers will modify their attacks in an attempt to evade detection. You will be responsible for discovering, prioritizing & managing the development of IOC classification rules by the global team of behavior detection engineers.
What You Will Do
- Understand malware kill chain & hands-on-keyboard attacks
- Accurate & efficient classification of malicious & suspicious behaviors
- Mapping IOCs to MITRE Att&ck matrix
- Measure & prioritize TTP coverage improvements through data mining, customer telemetry & internal sandbox feeds
- Plan work items for team members & track progress against detection KPI’s
- Support & mentor analysts in developing performant & robust detection logic
- Inspire team members with threat landscape expertise
What You Will Bring
- Strong knowledge of the Windows operating system is intimately familiar with the Mitre Att&ck framework, and applying this knowledge to understanding cyber attack kill chains.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Software (Computer Security preferable)
- Programming experience, Python/Lua
- Strong knowledge of Windows operating system, internals & forensic tools
- Excellent grasp of MITRE Att&ck tactics, techniques & simulation
- Big data experience, Elastic Search, Kibana, Redshift
What's Great About Sophos?
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.