Germany Based Threat Analyst (w/m/d) Tier I with fluent German Language Skills
Threat Intelligence – Managed Detection Response and Security Operations /
What's Great About Sophos?
· Sophos operates a remote-first working model, and working remotely is the primary option for most employees
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
As a Threat Analyst (w/m/d) – Tier I on our Managed Detection and Response (MDR) team, you will provide best-in-class monitoring, detection, and response services to proactively defend customer environments before attacks prevail. You will work alongside and contribute to a team of cyber threat hunters, incident response analysts, engineers, and ethical hackers by using enterprise, log analysis and endpoint collection systems to facilitate investigations, identification, and neutralization of cyber threats.
We are searching for a candidate already located in Germany, with native German Language skills and an already existing work permit for Germany.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Investigate and analyze logs and security-related events via Sophos tooling
- Guide and advise on investigation handling
- Communicate and document findings to various customer audiences including technical and executive teams
- Follow up with customers through to issue resolution and drive continuous improvement by providing detailed recommendations to minimize risk in customer environments
- Acknowledge and satisfy inbound customer requests and interact with customers through various mediums (Email, Phone, Ticket)
- Collaborate and assist with core security and threat response teams
- Actively research emerging Indicators of Compromise/Attack, exploits and vulnerabilities
- Conduct threat hunting to identify potential threats throughout the MDR customer base
- Participate in Security Operations process improvement and creation
- Obtain metrics for reporting on threat trends, intelligence analysis and situational awareness
What You Shall Bring
- Native German language skills (oral and written) is required (min C1)
- 1+ years of experience working in a SOC environment or computer security team in an IT environment (preferred in DACH region)
- Graduate or Bachelors in CyberSecurity or Comupter Sciences
- Team Player and active listener and deliverer
- Endpoint and network security experience required; IDS, IPS, EDR, ATP, Malware defenses and monitoring experience
- Experience with threat hunting
- Experience administering and supporting Windows OS (both workstations and server) and one of the following: Apple or Linux-based operating systems (RedHat, Debian, Ubuntu, OS X)
- Knowledge of common adversary tactics and techniques, e.g., obfuscation, persistence, defense evasion, etc.
- Fundamental understanding of network traffic analysis including TCP/IP, routing, switching, protocols, etc.
- Strong understanding of Windows event log analysis
Ready to Join Us?
At Sophos, we believe in the power of diverse perspectives to fuel innovation. Research shows that candidates sometimes hesitate to apply if they don't check every box in a job description. We challenge that notion. Your unique experiences and skills might be exactly what we need to enhance our team. Don't let a checklist hold you back – if you're passionate about cybersecurity and ready to contribute, we encourage you to apply. We're excited to explore how your individuality can shape the future of our company.
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyber threats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI, and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks, and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing, and a wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com.
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants who can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.