Principal Product Manager
Product Development – Product Management /
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
Join us as part of our fast-paced and innovative Security Operations team where you will work on our XDR platform. You’ll be a highly visible member of the team, working closely with the dev team, other stakeholders, and owning roadmap items.
Ideal candidates will be highly technical and have a proven background in building market leading products and services. You must possess a good blend of technical acumen with the ability to work closely with Engineering, with a big-picture vision that you can communicate to customers, partners, and industry analysts. You will work with the latest in technology stacks and participate in product strategy, planning sessions, product design, and requirements gathering. You’re ready and willing to step up, make hard decisions about prioritization, and tradeoffs. You will partner with brilliant engineering teams and architects across the globe to build innovative solutions for real-world problems.
What You Will Bring
- A Deep knowledge of cybersecurity products and the market, including the competitive landscape.
- Understanding of working in collaboration with a diverse range of business functions and customers to drive change and achieve delivery.
- Experience of working with agile development teams and requirement definition/story breakdown for these teams
- Involvement working with UX/UI teams designing a compelling customer experience in software
- Track record of preparing and presenting a technical roadmap, prioritising product backlog, and working on product strategy
- The ability to weigh critical, well-informed trade-offs and have the data points to defend those decisions
- Strong collaboration skills to interface successfully with a broad variety of stakeholders across multiple time zones and functional domains
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with other Product Managers and teams within Sophos, identifying synergies, flagging dependencies/risks, aimed at delivering cross product and cross business unit deliverables while ensuring that the best company-level decisions are taken.
- Maintain knowledge of competitors’ product offerings and assist in identifying market opportunities and gaps in the Sophos offerings to ensure that Sophos products remain competitive and differentiated in the marketplace.
- Take the lead in developing requirements and user stories for assigned products with the development teams, working in an agile process.
- Develop and foster relationships directly with internal key influencers/leaders (e.g. key engineering leaders and sales engineering staff) in order to inform and execute product priorities.
- Manage expectations with senior product leadership providing status, action plans and recommendations related to the managed product lines.
- Work with the Engineering team(s) to ensure that all projects that form part of the strategic product plans are tracking to plan and any issues are addressed promptly or escalated to senior management for resolution
- Act as a point of contact for the Product Management team during the product delivery lifecycle providing leadership and decisions to ensure all activities meet plan.
Applicants in British Columbia may email TalentAcquisition@sophos.com for the up-to-date salary ranges for the position.
What's Great About Sophos?
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.