Junior Sales Engineer
Manchester, United Kingdom /
Sales – Inside Sales /
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
The Junior Sales Engineer role will be working as part of the regional sales engineering team. Working in a customer facing capacity, presenting to both technical and non-technical audiences.
What You Will Do
- Support sales team with technical expertise for customers 101–1000 users or 1–100 users.
- Build meaningful relationships with key customer technical decision-makers to understand customer requirements and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Serve as subject matter expert and technical lead for Sophos technology portfolio.
- Provide support for MSP partners concentrating on onboarding activities around Sophos product portfolio.
- Own and drive the technical sales cycle from early opportunity technical qualification to technical closure.
- Conduct and manage technical virtual and onsite meetings, product demos, and proof of concepts with customers.
- Provide support for customer success motions to promote cross-selling and portfolio expansion within current Sophos customer base.
What You Will Bring
- Network support background.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft platforms.
- A strong customer facing and presentation skills.
- The ability to work alongside both sales and technical teams.
- A solid desire to progress within a fast-paced sales engineering team.
- Prior experience or exposure to the cyber security industry would be advantageous.
What's Great About Sophos?
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.