Sales – Sales Engineering /
Sophos is a worldwide leader and innovator of advanced cybersecurity solutions, including Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and incident response services and a broad portfolio of endpoint, network, email, and cloud security technologies that help organizations defeat cyberattacks. As one of the largest pure-play cybersecurity providers, Sophos defends more than 500,000 organizations and more than 100 million users globally from active adversaries, ransomware, phishing, malware, and more. Sophos’ services and products connect through its cloud-based Sophos Central management console and are powered by Sophos X-Ops, the company’s cross-domain threat intelligence unit. Sophos X-Ops intelligence optimizes the entire Sophos Adaptive Cybersecurity Ecosystem, which includes a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity and information technology vendors. Sophos provides cybersecurity-as-a-service to organizations needing fully managed, turnkey security solutions. Customers can also manage their cybersecurity directly with Sophos’ security operations platform or use a hybrid approach by supplementing their in-house teams with Sophos’ services, including threat hunting and remediation. Sophos sells through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos is headquartered in Oxford, U.K. More information is available at www.sophos.com.
The Global Sales Engineer is a highly skilled specialist pre-sales engineering role that provides deep technical expertise to sales teams globally. MDR SE Specialists provide subject-matter expertise covering on MDR opportunities, Rapid Response, and EW, and Global Solutions Engineers cover the full Sophos portfolio NSG, Endpoint, and Cloud Workload expertise supporting strategic accounts and field account teams.
What You Will Do
- Provide deep subject matter expertise in respective technology discipline, working closely with sales team counterparts to win technical and strategic accounts.
- Provide global coverage on RFPs intake, processing, and delivery via centralized response desks
- Assume technical ownership of all opportunities for assigned prospective and existing customer enterprise accounts.
- Support sales enablement to increase our collective expertise, and acts as a conduit to Product groups in driving customer feedback into product roadmap and development.
- Externally evangelize Sophos by conducting trainings, engaging with social media, and speaking at Sophos events or industry groups.
- Develop strong relationships with key buyers and influencers in customers and leverage these during the sales process.
- Expand Sophos solutions and services within existing customer base through educating key contacts and assessing a customer’s security needs.
What You Will Bring
- 3-5 years in a sales role working with decision-makers in large organizations with a proven track record of achieving and exceeding sales quotas.
- Knowledge and experience of selling Managed Detection and Response (MDR) service as well as Incident Response offerings.
- Deep technical cybersecurity understanding including protection methods for Networks, Cloud Workloads, Windows, Linux and Mac OS devices
- Understanding of the enterprise sales cycle, buyer personas and decision-making processes, and how to successfully navigate them.
- Excellent verbal communication skills for delivering high-quality, engaging product demos.
- Ability to be seen as a trusted advisor to senior executives in large organizations and to clearly articulate competitive advantages, both technical and business level.
- Proven ability to deliver outstanding customer experience during PoC to support hand-off, with exceptional opportunity discovery and deal qualification skills.
- Knowledge of Mitre Attack Methods and Python scripting knowledge highly desired, and strong understanding of the competitive landscape an advantage
- Experience of selling through and with channel partners, and ability to thrive in a team selling environment
Ready to Join Us?
At Sophos, we believe in the power of diverse perspectives to fuel innovation. Research shows that candidates sometimes hesitate to apply if they don't check every box in a job description. We challenge that notion. Your unique experiences and skills might be exactly what we need to enhance our team. Don't let a checklist hold you back – we encourage you to apply.
What's Great About Sophos?
· Sophos operates a remote-first working model, making remote work the primary option for most employees. However, some roles may necessitate a hybrid approach. Please refer to the location details in our job postings for further information.
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants who can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.