Senior Channel Account Executive
United Kingdom /
Sales – Channel Programs /
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
The Channel Account Executive (CAE) is accountable for managing strategic Sophos partners.
They are responsible for developing joint business plans with partners to hit revenue and profitability targets by developing new MDR, services, MSP and next-gen portfolio customer opportunities, up-sell and cross selling to existing customers and renewals.
- Develop relationships at all levels across the partner to drive revenue growth and profitability
- Working with partners that have multiple GTM’s, such as Resale, MSP, System Integration, Services that target the following customer size segments - SMB (1-100 seats, Midmarket (101-1000 seats) through to and including Enterprise 1000+ seats
- Build and execute business plans that identify, develop and close incremental opportunities to deliver outstanding growth for the partner and Sophos
- Enable partners to take full advantage of Sophos comprehensive solution and services portfolio to improve their customer’s security protection and response
- Directly support partners qualify and close complex customer deals, engaging wider sales and sales engineer teams where required, gather insights to ensure accurate business forecasting
- Own and manage the frequent joint business review, and planning process between Partners’ and Sophos decision makers, incl. clearly defined KPI’s and SMART goals with agreed outcomes
- Collaborate to develop marketing plans with partners to drive incremental sales pipeline ensuring high return on investment from activities like lead gen campaigns and events
- Coordinate the involvement of Sophos staff, including product management, sales, SE, marketing, support, service and management resources to meet partner performance objectives and partner expectations
- Drive high renewal rates by ensuring partners focus on their renewals and build an engagement plan to align Sophos and Partner teams, identify new business and cross sell opportunities
- Ensure the Sophos Sales Centre of Excellence is proactively engaged to manage processes to progress and close of sub 100 user opportunities
- Motivate, educate and ensure Partner sales and technical staff are go-to-market ready, provide access to certification and training materials and develop an enablement plan
What You Shall Bring
- 5+ evidenced years in channel sales and territory management in networking or security sectors
- Experience building and executing successful business and marketing plans
- Understanding of the technology channel eco-system and the business model of different types of channel partners (VAR/MSP/Distribution/Marketplace etc.)
- Adept at account management and business partner techniques with strong interpersonal, active listening, discovery, and qualification skills
- Solid technical acumen able to explain the benefits of different technologies, strong cybersecurity knowledge an advantage
- Experience of translating market trends and customer issues and needs into business opportunities for partners
- Ability to thrive in a team selling environment, winning together outlook with the ability to build relationships and influence via email, telephone and in person
- Excels at engaging partner personnel across all levels and functions, builds multifaceted relationships.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at once
What's Great About Sophos?
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.