Global Strategic Sourcing Sr. Manager – Product and Field Operations
Finance – Procurement /
Sophos is a worldwide leader and innovator of advanced cybersecurity solutions, including Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and incident response services and a broad portfolio of endpoint, network, email, and cloud security technologies that help organizations defeat cyberattacks. As one of the largest pure-play cybersecurity providers, Sophos defends more than 500,000 organizations and more than 100 million users globally from active adversaries, ransomware, phishing, malware, and more. Sophos’ services and products connect through its cloud-based Sophos Central management console and are powered by Sophos X-Ops, the company’s cross-domain threat intelligence unit. Sophos X-Ops intelligence optimizes the entire Sophos Adaptive Cybersecurity Ecosystem, which includes a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity and information technology vendors. Sophos provides cybersecurity-as-a-service to organizations needing fully managed, turnkey security solutions. Customers can also manage their cybersecurity directly with Sophos’ security operations platform or use a hybrid approach by supplementing their in-house teams with Sophos’ services, including threat hunting and remediation. Sophos sells through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos is headquartered in Oxford, U.K. More information is available at www.sophos.com.
The Global Strategic Sourcing Sr Manager for Product and Field Operations, reporting to the Global Strategic Sourcing Director, will have key responsibility for all aspects of sourcing for both the Technology and Product and Field Operations organizations. This includes partnering with key stakeholders within the respective organizations to identify and prioritize needs, understanding the market to determine appropriate sources of supply, benchmarking/baselining the current state, developing category and sourcing strategies, leading the competitive process (i.e., RFx, Auctions, etc.), supplier selection, commercial negotiations, deal finalization, managing and leading periodic supplier business reviews (i.e., EBs, QBRs, etc.), and similar Category Management competencies. In addition, they will partner with internal Shared Service organizations (i.e. Legal, Risk, Privacy, Insurance, Finance, etc.) for onboarding, contracting, etc. The right candidate will have excellent teamwork skills and partnering ability with multiple departments and stakeholders, as well as being able to present and communicate effectively (both oral and written) with all levels of management.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for Global Strategic Sourcing for all needs of both the Sophos Technology & Product and Field Operations organizations and categories.
- Develop close working relationships at all levels of the respective organizations to stay aware of the strategic directions, how third parties support and add value, and to be able to find holistic solutions that meet their needs.
- Understand and research the relevant organizational categories and subcategories so you remain aware of best practices, leading suppliers, benchmark and baseline data, industry trends, etc.
- Partner with Shared Service organizations to manage onboarding, contracting, and negotiations with suppliers as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Lead some, and support all, organizational improvement/development through roadmap projects, special initiatives, etc.
- Lead regular business reviews with key suppliers.
- Create approval decks, savings cases, and contract summaries for obtaining internal buy-in.
- Work closely with Sophos business partners and their teams to lead all sourcing-related activities to create significant value for the business.
- Drive savings/value creation and spend under management (“SUM”) for your areas of responsibility.
- Work cross-functionally with global and regional counterparts.
- Provide information to support monthly forecasts vs actuals, project pipeline opportunities, and projected savings.
- Negotiate remediations with suppliers, when necessary.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of company operations, policies, and procedures.
- Manage highly confidential and critical information.
What You Will Bring
- 4-year degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of strategic sourcing and category management expertise.
- Direct experience negotiating agreements across all managed categories.
- An understanding of the economics of the industries we source in and support.
- Ability to view all managed categories in a strategic context, and to implement those strategies.
- Partnership and relationship management expertise with business units and functions.
- A sense of urgency to move projects timely to completion of successful outcomes.
- Both inductive and deductive related analytical skills for problem-solving and risk mitigation.
- Excellent reading comprehension and the ability to understand complex contracts.
- Strong listening, oral communication, and writing skills.
- Skilled presentation experience to large audiences and executive leaders.
- Able to work across cultures effectively, valuing diversity within a virtual team.
- Track record of performance with measurable results and successful outcomes.
Applicants in Colorado, California, Washington, and New York City may email TalentAcquisition@sophos.com for the up-to-date salary ranges for the position.
Ready to Join Us?
At Sophos, we believe in the power of diverse perspectives to fuel innovation. Research shows that candidates sometimes hesitate to apply if they don't check every box in a job description. We challenge that notion. Your unique experiences and skills might be exactly what we need to enhance our team. Don't let a checklist hold you back – we encourage you to apply.
What's Great About Sophos?
· Sophos operates a remote-first working model, making remote work the primary option for most employees. However, some roles may necessitate a hybrid approach. Please refer to the location details in our job postings for further information.
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants who can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.