Senior Manager, HR Business Partner, EMEA Sales
Human Resources – Human Resource Business Partnerships /
Sophos is a worldwide leader and innovator of advanced cybersecurity solutions, including Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and incident response services and a broad portfolio of endpoint, network, email, and cloud security technologies that help organizations defeat cyberattacks. As one of the largest pure-play cybersecurity providers, Sophos defends more than 500,000 organizations and more than 100 million users globally from active adversaries, ransomware, phishing, malware, and more. Sophos’ services and products connect through its cloud-based Sophos Central management console and are powered by Sophos X-Ops, the company’s cross-domain threat intelligence unit. Sophos X-Ops intelligence optimizes the entire Sophos Adaptive Cybersecurity Ecosystem, which includes a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity and information technology vendors. Sophos provides cybersecurity-as-a-service to organizations needing fully managed, turnkey security solutions. Customers can also manage their cybersecurity directly with Sophos’ security operations platform or use a hybrid approach by supplementing their in-house teams with Sophos’ services, including threat hunting and remediation. Sophos sells through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos is headquartered in Oxford, U.K. More information is available at www.sophos.com.
We are looking for an experienced EMEA Go to Market (Sales) HR Business Partner who will take responsibility for the sales groups across EMEA closely aligned to the Global and regional HR Partners. The role sits alongside like-minded, team focused colleagues who are all passionate about driving Sophos’ global HR agenda. Everything we do is designed to support the business goals, values and desired behaviours that continuously drive Sophos’ considerable momentum in the market.
You will work with Sales Leaders to develop effective sales teams. You must be literate in the concepts of sales and sales force effectiveness. You will actively drive and manage initiatives to help Sales improve in the areas of people, development, and organizational structure. You will develop and support proven and emerging practices in all areas related to the headcount planning, organization design, communications, and ensuring effective adoption and execution of global programs.
Additionally, you will provide full cycle HR support to the UK teams in these groups, on areas such as employee relations, change management, talent and performance management. Some generalist work will be an intrinsic part of the role for matters arising in the country you are based in.
This is a great opportunity to join an engaging, fun and inclusive global HR team that focuses on delivering results in an innovative, simple, and highly effective way. Just like our cybersecurity solutions!
This role reports to the VP HR EMEA.
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for GTM EMEA strategy, manpower plans and budgets, communications, and execution of global and EMEA wide programs.
- Sophos has recently completed a major shift in its GTM strategy, moving all its sales force to a different specialist siloed model that requires specific management skills in order to bring teams together and drive the business forward for growth and success. A focus of the role is to support leaders across sales verticals - sales, channel, sales engineering, SMB, sales operations, sales enablement, MSP and other ad-hoc globally led roles that exist in the EMEA region to embed a mind-set of collaboration and partnership whilst developing expertise within the vertical.
- i.e. transition and org development from realignment of reporting lines and changing practices and competencies. (Talent management – employee relations including consultation - aligning pay and benefits – developing culture, teams, cohesion)
- Working with sales centre of excellence teams including Sales Operations and Sales Enablement to establish programs that develop the workforce, from identifying the need, developing and crystalising the plan.
- Working with defined annual budgets in a competitive market, adopting creative and systematic approaches supporting the leaders to manage headcount budgets whilst maintaining growth. Extensive experience of working with sales leaders to support the mapping of skills and competencies, defining and redefining job levels, and aligning budgets across various partners including sales operations, finance and SMT.
- Working closely with the GTM organisations to support continuous growth with sustainable HR initiatives across all HR disciplines, e.g. from hiring and standardising and levelling recruitment practices, supporting compensation and SPIFF initiatives, recognition and retention, and talent management
- HR communication.
- Attendance at various sales meetings, weekly leadership, QBR, SKO (player and supporting role), across region and at country level; ensuring EMEA HR team are aligned and up to date, acting as partner and agent between HR and sales leadership (upwards – downwards – sideways); able to execute on global messaging including appropriate EMEA application.
- Experience of translating global strategies down to local (country level) programs, promoting appropriate communication at the various levels including Works Counsel preparation and attendance where necessary; preparing leadership to meet the requirements of the program, and managing programs through difficult periods, e.g. quarter and year end.
- Act as a consultant to managers (and global managers with EMEA headcount) to implement specific programs and initiatives directly aligned to business strategy in the areas of performance management, recognition, career development, workforce planning, succession planning, talent development, compensation planning and employee relations.
- Provide coaching and support to managers across a broad range of HR topics, ensuring local culture and legislation are understood and applied whilst achieving the required business results.
- Provide day-to-day coaching and guidance to line management on areas such as Performance Management, Employee Relations, Career development and Employee Welfare.
- Develop and provide employee and business balanced analysis of trends, with a view to identify drivers for change and opportunities for continuous improvement within your business groups.
- Proactively support the Company’s Values, Culture and Behavioural initiatives, such as Inclusion and Diversity, employee recognition, effective employee engagement activities, etc, so that they are embedded in everything Sophos does.
- Working closely with Global HR Business Partners as well as Regional HR Partners, to align business objectives with employees and management locally for the various business units the role supports.
- Work with our COE teams (i.e. Talent acquisition, L&D, C&B, Comms, Legal) to develop value-add HR initiatives that support the Company’s Values, Goals and cultural behaviours.
- Support the annual salary review process across your business units including participation in remuneration panels, recommendations, and analysis of outcomes in line with global process.
- Drive the effectiveness of the performance review process, providing coaching and support to managers.
- Work with local management and employee groups and the global HR team to identify, implement and manage local initiatives in response to the annual Employee Opinion Survey.
- Drive or be ‘part of’ global and local change programs that are handled in a well-considered and well communicated way; examples include; review/revision of best practice HR policies, continuous development of our new HRIS system and other HR tools and practices, supporting cross department programs (e.g. payroll, finance, legal), being part of or driving various key programs, e.g. relating to I&D and ensure the effective management, roll out and support for managers and employees to make the changes more impactful.
- Understand the people plan for your business units, including hiring needs, succession, career progression, gap analysis; working with Talent Acquisition to support hiring/onboarding and headcount planning.
Headcount planning and budgeting
Back to Growth
HR program regional leadership
Programs & Communications
Manpower Planning & Budgets
What You Will Bring:
- Business level Dutch and English Language (Spoken and Written).
- Proven experience partnering with Sales / GTM business groups either in a singular capacity or more generalist environment.
- Proven experience as a theatre level HR Business Partner, ideally in a US led organization and complex matrix organisations.
- Gravitas to deliver change programs and to develop/coach business leaders.
- Growth mentality.
- Experienced HR management of cradle to grave and annual cycle HR solutions and practices, including ER, performance and talent management, and compensation reviews.
- Able to support change with pragmatic legal and best practice advice to managers and leaders – able to explain the rationale and show the value, rather than just recite policy or law.
- Proven experience of managing priorities based on business needs.
- A background of program delivery in a complex and fast-paced international work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and to build strong relationships, working with a variety of personalities, management levels and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability of driving initiatives and activities to successful completion.
- Degree level or equivalent experience, HRM/SHRM or comparable sound and current knowledge of (Local country) employment law.
- Highly collaborative with a strong desire to deliver results and create a positive work environment.
- Drives vision and purpose - excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to adapt to a variety of communication settings and styles.
- Strong prioritisation skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, whilst simultaneously being accountable for personal delivery and results
- Understanding of commercial drivers.
- Able to demonstrate experience in fostering cultures, program management, communications and conflict resolution
- Authentic style – courage, instils trust.
- The role will be based on a remote working basis (home based) with some travel across EMEA to attend QBRs and team meetings.
Ready to Join Us?
At Sophos, we believe in the power of diverse perspectives to fuel innovation. Research shows that candidates sometimes hesitate to apply if they don't check every box in a job description. We challenge that notion. Your unique experiences and skills might be exactly what we need to enhance our team. Don't let a checklist hold you back – we encourage you to apply.
What's Great About Sophos?
· Sophos operates a remote-first working model, making remote work the primary option for most employees. However, some roles may necessitate a hybrid approach. Please refer to the location details in our job postings for further information.
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants who can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.