Manager, Corporate Finance
United States /
Finance – Financial Planning & Analysis /
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
As part of the FP&A team, the Manager, Corporate Finance will serve as the primary business partner for the Sophos Technology Group, serving as a key strategic advisor for the R&D and Product functions. Responsibilities include monthly forecasting, annual budgeting, headcount analytics, P&L management, gross margin analysis, and buildout of the KPI metric landscape.
What You Will Do
- Serve as a partner and problem solver for decision makers across the Sophos Finance, R&D and Product teams
- Enhance existing processes around headcount management, personnel expense, and vendor-level spend to ensure consistent and accurate expense forecasting
- Deliver monthly and quarterly reporting that identifies key trends and variances to be shared with operational decision-makers and executive management
- Conduct gross margin and ROI analysis, enabling more informed investment and product roadmap decisions
- Build and establish financial comps/benchmarks to peers and support broader investor relations activities
What You Will Bring
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in Finance and/or Strategic Planning ideally for a SaaS business or customer-centric tech company
- Excellent analytical skills, able to develop and enhance complex financial modeling and planning infrastructure
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across business units to achieve results and create organizational alignment
- Strong business understanding, allowing you to help develop and quantify strategies and tactics that drive incremental growth
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, coupled with the ability to synthesize detailed information into succinct and actionable recommendations in presentations for our senior executives
- Self-motivated, deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, enthusiastic and ambitious attitude, able to prioritize and resolve an array of issues simultaneously
Applicants in Colorado, California, Washington, and New York City may email TalentAcquisition@sophos.com for the up-to-date salary ranges for the position.
What's Great About Sophos?
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.