Technical Professional Services Engineer
United Kingdom /
Sales – Professional Services /
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
As a Technical Professional Services Engineer, your primary responsibility will be to provide revenue generating, high quality technical services to Sophos partners and customers. You will engage on large or complex engagements to architect and deliver Sophos solutions tailored to meet the customer’s unique security and environmental requirements.
What You Will Do:
- Identifying customer needs by probing to fully understand business and technical requirements
- Authoring Statements of Works and other technical documents as required
- Preparing, maintaining and submitting activity/progress reports and time recording/management reports in accordance with published procedures.
- Acting as a Sophos "ambassador" to the customer
- Addressing customer questions in a comprehensive manner to ensure customer satisfaction
- Supporting the sales process, where appropriate, by offering technical knowledge
- Providing feedback to Product Development to enhance Sophos products
- Set-up, installation, and configuration of Sophos products
- Migrations, health checks, remediation of customer issues as a secondary focus
- Authoring custom scripts, and contributing to other development work as required
- Maintain accurate records of customer interactions
- Designing and delivering customer training classes for Sophos products
What You Will Bring:
- 3 - 5 years of technical consulting or equivalent experience.
- Experience working to project/deliverable deadlines.
- Comprehensive experience with TCP/IP routing and switching including datacenter and WAN topologies.
- Network diagnostic tools including experience gathering and troubleshooting network issues using packet captures.
- Configuring and troubleshooting VPN tunnels including IPSEC, SSL and L2TP.
- Experience with FW configurations including Network Address Translations and formats of firewall rule types.
- Experience configuring email routing and web filtering technologies.
- Experience with directory services (LDAP, Active Directory).
- The ability to occasionally travel to customer site within the UK.
- Enterprise implementation experience with OSPF/BGP.
- Experience configuring and managing Cisco network devices in a production environment .
- Experience with configuration of Linux based networking security appliances.
- Experience with authentication protocols (Kerboros,NTLM).
- Experience working with certificates in the context of web filtering deployments.
- Experience with web site hosting and applications (Apache, IIS).
- Experience developing visual representations of networks using interviews and networking device configurations.
- Experience with AWS and Azure cloud environments
What's Great About Sophos?
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.